Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

New to me Browning Buck Mark

TRock
Cowhand
United States of America

New to me Browning Buck Mark

Post by TRock » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:59 pm

Added to my 22 rimfire pistols yesterday when a friend offered to sell his Browning Buck Mark Pro Target 22 pistol. Took it out this morning and was well pleased with the functionality and accuracy. From the dating guide I found it shows to be made in 1998. Believe it is a keeper.
mark 22.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3 x

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Re: New to me Browning Buck Mark

Post by Cofisher » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:43 pm

Just shot my friend's new Buck Mark. Octagon target barrel. Very easy shooting. I'll keep it in mind when next pistol buy comes up. Good luck with yours.
1 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

Ernie
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:19 pm

I am a fan of the Buck Mark 22s. Nice pistol.
1 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:58 pm

I have owned a couple Buckmarks and liked them. The only thing I didnt like about the ones I had is the sights were cheap plastic.
2 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by bandit1250 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:38 am

BigAl52 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:58 pm
I have owned a couple Buckmarks and liked them. The only thing I didnt like about the ones I had is the sights were cheap plastic.
Another plastic part in the Buck Mark pistols is the plastic recoil buffer at the end of the guide rod for the recoil spring. They do break so it pays to have a spare or two. Another part although not plastic is the E-clip that keeps the recoil spring from launching to the next zip code when disassembling for cleaning that a few spare ones are good to have in your parts stash. They also have a problem with keeping the rear sight base screw from vibrating loose. Not a problem unless you have a red dot mounted and can't get to the rear screw without pulling the scope off. I ended up usind a small drop of blue Loc-tite on mine. Although I like my Browning after having kind of a rough beginning with it I have to admit it is not built nearly as tough as my Ruger Mark pistols. I like the easy barrel change on the Browning and the flip over of the sear spring to get a great trigger pull. I have a guy that wants to buy mine and I told him to contact his dealer to do the transfer and he can buy it.
1 x