Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

My 1911’s

TheBackyardRange
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: My 1911’s

Post by TheBackyardRange » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:07 am

Tomorrow I will have to get a family pic with what I have left. I have 5 at the auction right now. Whatever doesn't bring enough will go back into the collection.
0 x
“If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.” ― Ronald Reagan

TheBackyardRange
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by TheBackyardRange » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:12 am

BTW, the Loaded did not meet my standards for my collection. It was too beat up. I could have refinished it but as cheap as I bought it, I just left it at the auction to be sold with the others. If it comes back, I will refinish it.
0 x
“If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.” ― Ronald Reagan

TheBackyardRange
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by TheBackyardRange » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:24 pm

today’s pic. What survived the house cleaning. I currently have 5 at auction so the group is smaller but, in my opinion, a nice collection to build on. Those I had duplicates of, I chose to keep the best of the two. The only exception are the American Classics, I kept both 45s. Everything else is unique by caliber or by model/manufacturer. Everything works as it should.

Since I knew the Garrison 9mm that arrived today had a better finish than the one I had, it took its place today and the other went to auction yesterday. I was not disappointed with the work Springfield did to it either. It runs perfectly now.
A16F6AF9-5F8E-4D03-B725-66A19410CF89.jpeg

I would like the Colt I ordered to come in. I think a Full size Kimber Raptor in 9mm might now be on the list. My wife was genuinely disappointed when I told her this one was in 45. “But I don’t like 45, I like 9mm!”, she said. 😂 That’s all I need is an excuse to buy more 😉
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

TheBackyardRange
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by TheBackyardRange » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:02 am

Filling out my wall nicely with the ones I kept. Looks nice along side my Henrys.
C7467984-7D47-4D2A-97D6-43BDAF78CE54.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:33 am

Not that’s some interior decorating I could embrace.
1 x

TheBackyardRange
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by TheBackyardRange » Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:57 pm

Been a change of plans with my gun collection. I had no idea I was going to do this but I have decided to go all in with steel frame handguns. My wife's eyes got HUGE when I told her I was selling off the polymer Springfield collection. The only ones that made the cut were my 1911's and my stainless 911. I really like those guns but I like my revolvers and 1911s more. Its been weighing on me. Only so much time to shoot. I love the big collection but some of them have just become wall hangers. And, well, there's nothing like the feel of steel in the hand.

I took a look at what I have and identified another 14 guns I just no longer to shoot. I think there's a total of 24 or 26 going in the auction next month. I am eliminating 300 PRC, 6.5 Creedmoor, 308 and 40 S&W from my arsenal. I love the long range, just no time. I also love the 40S&W but with such a hard time finding a stainless steel frame to shoot it, I just decided to get rid of them all. I just dropped everything off at the auction house yesterday.

I kept all my AR-15s (including the M&P 15-22's), bullpup 12ga, and one semi-auto AR-12 type. I kept all my walnut stocked rifles and shotguns. I kept all my Henry's and revolvers (except the awful Taylors 1871 navy). Kept the wife's polymer 380 EZ along with the Walther P22 and the S&W 22 compact that I bought for my boys to shoot. Those are the only 3 poly pistols that survived the cut. All the other polymer went bye bye.

Kept 11 of the 1911's and I will be damned if I didn't buy another Kimber Raptor 1911 (this one in 10mm). I was looking for a 9mm for the wife to shoot but the 10mm came up $300 cheaper than the 9mm was. That's alright, I bought a 9mm Metro Arms hard chrome ACII that is on the way to my FFL.

I am neither a huge fan of the 9mm 1911 nor against it, but since my wife has really take to the platform, I would like to give her several options to keep the momentum going. Its just more fun when you have a few to choose from on range day. I will admit, I can dump a 9rd mag of 9mm into a silhouette in about 2 seconds and stay on target. Would make for a devastating weapon against an intruder. Thinking about a double stack 2011 version for that reason. In the meantime, my double stack Springfield XDM 45 that was my bedside weapon is now gone. The Kimber Rapide may take its place. While they all appear to be working and functioning very well since i have work done to them, I want the highest quality piece as the bedside gun. No room for malfunctions when someone is in your house.
1 x

TheBackyardRange
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by TheBackyardRange » Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:23 pm

In addition to the Kimber Stainless Raptor II 10mm and the Metro American Classic II 9mm, both still awaiting me to pick them up, I now have a Kimber Rapide "Black Ice" 9mm on the way. Bought this one last night.
pix722332521.jpg
pix916051862.jpg
0 x

TheBackyardRange
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by TheBackyardRange » Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:46 am

Bought a Dan Wesson Pointman Seven in 45 last night. Pic from the manufacturer...
0Q8A6900-1.jpg
0Q8A6904.jpg
1 x

TheBackyardRange
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by TheBackyardRange » Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:47 am

I will be picking up my last 5 1911 purchases early next week so I will be uploading a new family pic.
0 x

Ernie
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:17 pm

I am a Dan Wesson fan
1 x