Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Comparison of two short barrel .45 ACP pistols....

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Comparison of two short barrel .45 ACP pistols....

Post by fortyshooter » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:11 am

Interesting comparison of my BBR 3.10 and the Springfield XDE 3.30. The barrel length of the BBR is actual 3.100 and the XDE actual 3.175 which is interesting! Supposedly the BBR needs porting to function better possibly due to the shorter and wider double stack grip and I will contact RI about that. Maybe for folks with smaller hands? Now I will say the XDE seems to rock back in the hand a bit more but the BBR is heavier on the grip end with the extra rounds at the beginning shots and of course has the barrel ported.
The XDE has a better recoil spring package easier to get back into place and no requirement of changing out after 500 rounds.
Looking at how much material is cut away on the XDE slide for the spring seat it seems to work. Wonder why same could not be done on the BBR 1911 platform? Of course with the modern tilting barrel design of the XDE makes it easier to feed most all types of jacketed ammo but it doesn't like cast lead bullets.
Would like to try the earlier non ported barrel if I could find one!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

TheBackyardRange
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Comparison of two short barrel .45 ACP pistols....

Post by TheBackyardRange » Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:20 pm

I did a review on that BBR a while back and compared it to the XDS 45 (didn’t have my XDE yet). I’d post it but I don’t know what the rules are on promoting your own channel. I’d have to go back and read them.
0 x
“If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.” ― Ronald Reagan