Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

A year today

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

A year today

Post by bandit1250 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:46 pm

Today is exactly a year since I bought my Browning Buck Mark stainless UDX. I really didn't care for it for quite a while. I had some jamming with it and fail to fire occasionally. I always had my Ruger MKIII Hunter along to shoot under the same conditions to try to rule out maybe I just was not shooting well that day and poor accuracy was my fault and not the pistol. I did have some days that I did not shoot well with either pistol. Now after having this pistol for a full year to play with it at the range I have a far better opinion of it than when I first got it. Accuracy is much better and function has improved to being very reliable now it has over a thousand rounds through it. I really like how you can flip the sear spring over and cut the trigger pull weight from over 4 lb. on mine to 2 lb. 2oz without buying parts and it is very simple to do. I wish my Mark III was that simple to improve the trigger but it is 3 lb. from the factory so it is not too bad.
I still feel the Ruger is built more for long term reliability than the Browning with the use of plastic where steel would have been a better choice. I don't like the flimsy feel of the slide release or the safety compared to my Rugers. The slide release has been known to break. The Ruger ejects the mag better with the Browning only barely popping out far enough to pull it out. I sprayed it with Hornady One Shot and it is a little better. More use may make it better. With the Browning showing improvement on some of the early issues I am going to keep it and enjoy shooting it. The last several trips to the range it shot slightly tighter groups than me shooting my wife's MKII Competition Target model. Red dots on both pistols and very nice triggers on both. Maybe the Browning just liked the Federal auto match ammo better. As a matter of fact I have been impressed with auto match in the pistols. Take care and enjoy your Super Bowl Sunday. Sorry but I don't watch football especially now with the Winter Olympics being on TV.
0 x