Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Hiking with my Sig...

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Hiking with my Sig...

Post by Hatchdog » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:09 am

The 10mm is a hard hitting cartridge which produces velocities in the 357 neighborhood. I switched to the 10mm when the wolf packs became more prolific in this area. Mine is a single stack 9+1 and I can carry two spare mags in the Galco rig. I’ve never seen a wolf in the wild but hey, any excuse for a new gun right? :lol: I carry a 180 gr hard cast large metplate load that produces 1200 fps. I bought this gun used in 2011 before the big resurgence of the 10mm created when Glock started producing it.

Really tho, other than the very large bears on the continent.40 and especially .45 should be good for protection with the correct ammo. Also there’s nothing wrong with the good old .357 for woods protection.

BOM, I hear you on shooting 38 special from a 4” revolver. I inherited a 4” M/19 from my day and being a K frame I don’t shoot .357 thru it but man is it fun with 38 specials.
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Hiking with my Sig...

Post by BrokenolMarine » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:04 pm

When the department switched from model 64 revolvers to duty size Glock 22 40 calibers, I bought my Model 64 4" and one of the four department 64 2" guns the Chief and Sergeants had available for off duty carry. Both are very accurate, and reliable. Shot the 4" 64 in the Stock Service Revolver class. Won often with it, fixed sights and all. :D Great gun to shoot.
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.