Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

new Langdon Compact Carry

Travlin
Cowboy

Re: new Langdon Compact Carry

Post by Travlin » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:15 pm

Interesting looking ammo unfortunately they seem to be out of most of their offerings. I guess that is why I started loading my own in 1969.
0 x

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:28 am

markiver54 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:55 pm
That Underwood ammo, even brfore the pandemic, was expensive. I was interested because of its penetration power for black bear defense at the cabin. You need good penetration for them!
Will be interested to see if the price of this range ammo is still $16.99 when it's back in stock, if so I will definitely be ordering some, best price I've seen since the shortage.

They are fast at getting orders out, ordered this morning and just received shipping info, UPS tracking says I should have it by Friday.

https://www.underwoodammo.com/range-sup ... acket.html
0 x

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:33 am

Finally got out to shoot the new Compact Carry, very nice trigger. Didn't get to shoot too long before it got dark, it's been way too hot here to shoot during the day. My small range up the road gets around an hour of shade before it gets too dark to shoot. Was having a heck of a time adjusting the laser, finally realized I was adjusting it the wrong way but by then it was too dark.

My friend did very well with my old PX4c, now hers. The extra holes in the bullseye target were from putting the silhouette target on top of it. All but a couple of her shots at the bullseye were in the yellow or red, shot from about 8 or 9 yds.

0 x