Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Any XDS owners?

PNWguy
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Re: Any XDS owners?

Post by PNWguy » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:26 am

I carried a S&W M&P40c for about a decade when I decided it was too big, and bought a S&W Performance Center Shield 9mm. What a train wreck! Took it to the range and got 12" groups at 25 yards with a rest. I stripped it down and found a bulge on the barrel. Sent it back to S&W and they returned it 2 months later with a nick in the crown of the new barrel. It then got 8" groups at 25 yards.

I sold it and bought an XDS 40 and took it to the range and got sub-2" groups at 25 yards. Amazing for such a little gun with a heavy trigger.
3KoFykijT7CIyzXfFVGsWA.jpeg
It was the first pistol I owned that the recoil actually bothered me with regular defensive loads. So I ended up adding the Pachmyr grip to mine.
xMn_OFvNSUu_1GXaxEvFcQ.jpeg
I ended up not being comfortable with only 6 rounds after a couple of active shooter incidents in my area, and went back to the M&P40c, and then eventually the 12-round Sig P365.

But, I just can't sell that XDS. It hurts to shoot, is low capacity, and is outclassed by the P365. But I still love that little gun.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: Any XDS owners?

Post by markiver54 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:44 am

My XDS is my EDC.
20210430_104040.jpg
20210430_105202.jpg
I use the large back strap which holds the grip sleeve tighter, and doesn't move.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry