Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

SA Blues

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: SA Blues

Post by Henry88 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:39 pm

tx gunrunner wrote:Here is a good video on Colt and there clones disassembly and at 3:31 shows the flat spring that normally breaks in SA guns . There is NEW design wire spring that replaces the flat spring without any mod to gun and should replaced in all Colts and there clones . I didn't watch the whole video but put all screws back in same holes . There is 3 different length in the grip frame that are the same thread and look the same .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrxVBvh0KTQ
wow, didn't see this post........DUH

Yea, at 3:30 out comes the trigger spring. At 4:35 out comes the cylinder arm spring.

I can't believe how similar the heritage is to the colt. The design is the same.

Thanks for the link, and sorry everybody for butchering this thread.......LOL
0 x

Travlin
Cowboy

Post by Travlin » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:59 pm

Re 4:35 on the video, I believe that is called the hand and it's spring. That is what pushes up against the ratchet on the back of the cylinder causing it to revolve.
0 x

tx gunrunner
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by tx gunrunner » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:04 pm

The spring at 3:31 is the trigger spring and cylinder stop or lock spring . The spring and pawl at 4:35 makes the cylinder rotate when hammer is cocked . The spring at 3:31 keep the cylinder from rotating after the hammer index the cylinder .

The 1st pic replaces the pawl and spring at 4;35 and gun need to be drilled to except the Ruger designed pawl and spring .

The 2nd pic replaces the flat spring at 3:31 and 1 side of the spring works the trigger pull . The other side of the spring works the cylinder stop or lock and will replace the flat spring with no mod to gun .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:57 pm

Travlin wrote:Re 4:35 on the video, I believe that is called the hand and it's spring. That is what pushes up against the ratchet on the back of the cylinder causing it to revolve.
Heritage calls that spring the cylinder arm spring. I'm guessing Colt calls it the hand spring. If Colt calls it a Hand Spring, then it's a Hand Spring......LOL

tx gunrunner wrote:The spring at 3:31 is the trigger spring and cylinder stop or lock spring . The spring and pawl at 4:35 makes the cylinder rotate when hammer is cocked . The spring at 3:31 keep the cylinder from rotating after the hammer index the cylinder .

The 1st pic replaces the pawl and spring at 4;35 and gun need to be drilled to except the Ruger designed pawl and spring .

The 2nd pic replaces the flat spring at 3:31 and 1 side of the spring works the trigger pull . The other side of the spring works the cylinder stop or lock and will replace the flat spring with no mod to gun .
Yes Sir...........

I just didn't realize that when I put my RR together, I was actually learning how to put a Colt together. It's amazing how similar they are.
0 x

Travlin
Cowboy

Post by Travlin » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:12 pm

Maybe times have changed but I always heard that part called a hand for almost 50 years. It doesn't really matter as long as there is a picture or in this case a video. I wish I could have had a video when I started doing my own action work on Colts and my Marlin 39.Thanks for posting the educational step by step information.
0 x

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:44 pm

Travlin wrote:Maybe times have changed but I always heard that part called a hand for almost 50 years. It doesn't really matter as long as there is a picture or in this case a video. I wish I could have had a video when I started doing my own action work on Colts and my Marlin 39.Thanks for posting the educational step by step information.
50 years sounds good enough to me, from this point forward it's a hand/spring :D

With the Heritage RR, you also get the 4 clicks.

I'm going to watch that Colt YouTube again.........
Last edited by Henry88 on Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

tx gunrunner
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by tx gunrunner » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:48 am

Henry88 wrote:
Travlin wrote:Maybe times have changed but I always heard that part called a hand for almost 50 years. .
50 years sounds good enough to me, from this point forward it's a hand/spring :D
I've been a gunsmith for almost 50 yr ..... Ruger calls it a pawl , Colt calls it a hand . Since it is a Ruger design I will call it a pawl for as long as I'm alive . I post stuff to help people and not for people to pick it apart . Live is too short for this BS .

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/294747 ... -blackhawk
0 x

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:07 am

Hey tx gunrunner,

Sorry if I somehow offended. I just think of these things as Colts, I guess; especially after learning what I have recently. If Ruger calls it a pawl, it's still good to know. Someone will benefit from that knowledge.

We're talking about guns, and I'm learning stuff by the minute, so it's all good to me. I'm sorry there isn't much I can tell you about guns.

BTW, I think Life is to short to not be on the HenryRifleForums posting about guns :D

Thanks..............
0 x

Travlin
Cowboy

Post by Travlin » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:33 am

I also was not trying to cause any disrespect to anyone and was thankful for the posting of the video .
0 x

tx gunrunner
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by tx gunrunner » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:24 am

I have NO problem with anyone correcting me and GOD knows I'm not perfect . Just make sure you are 100% correct before putting it into print . We have PM for any questions . I post on a lot of different forums and bit my tongue everyday and try to stay out of piss contest and being very opinionated persons it is super hard to do . Remember anything you say on the internet will be here for ever . I read things I said or posted 10 yrs ago I wish I could take back :D :D :D
1 x