Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Love them, hate them, or look away

tx gunrunner
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: Love them, hate them, or look away

Post by tx gunrunner » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:33 am

Catherine wrote:Tx Gunrunner,

Did you own your store down south in your former state or when you moved to Texas? I think (?) that you have mentioned that you used to live in CA a long time ago too......Cate
Yes ....I lived in Ca in 1958 to 1993 and the helmet law made give up motorcycle since I can't wear a helmet and then the gun law forced me to move and shut down my gun shop . Half the guns I owned where made illegal to own . So I retire at age 60 and moved to Az mountains and got me a motorcycle again and gave up my FFL . I had to move to Tn because of my dad In 1998 . The damp cold and hot humid weather force me to move me my dad to Tx . LOVE this weather in my part of Tx and the cost of living is cheap and I can live like a king on SS and bank money every month and I can buy anything I want or just piss it away if I want ..
2 x

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Catherine » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:39 pm

Bish1309 wrote:Sorry to be flooding every's posts with my pictures but thought I'd share my one and only Glock. It was the last pistol I purchased. I bought it 2 Saturday's before the election on the Saturday that I voted early.

After voting I went to the range to break in a couple other pistols and some how ended up walking out with the 19G4. I have no other Glocks to compare it to but it does what I need it to do. I'm pleased with my decision.

No need to apologize.

You have a very nice Glock pistol!

Congrats!

Cate
2 x

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Catherine » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:46 pm

tx gunrunner wrote:
Catherine wrote:Tx Gunrunner,

Did you own your store down south in your former state or when you moved to Texas? I think (?) that you have mentioned that you used to live in CA a long time ago too......Cate
Yes ....I lived in Ca in 1958 to 1993 and the helmet law made give up motorcycle since I can't wear a helmet and then the gun law forced me to move and shut down my gun shop . Half the guns I owned where made illegal to own . So I retire at age 60 and moved to Az mountains and got me a motorcycle again and gave up my FFL . I had to move to Tn because of my dad In 1998 . The damp cold and hot humid weather force me to move me my dad to Tx . LOVE this weather in my part of Tx and the cost of living is cheap and I can live like a king on SS and bank money every month and I can buy anything I want or just piss it away if I want ..
Thanks for the information.

Good for you on your move and being able to live a happy life!

Blessings across the miles.

Cate
0 x

Gregorsway
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Gregorsway » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:15 pm

Don't know if any of you subscribe to the Gun Tests Magazine or not- but they had a pretty awesome write-up on the History of the Glock Generations.

Not sure if this link will work for you or not- as it came from my Facebook page. Try it and see.
http://www.gun-tests.com/news/news/Gloc ... JfNroWcEcQ
2 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:22 pm

Cate,

That's a great Glock you got. It will serve you well.

Gregor, that was a nice history link. They have evolved certainly. They are wildly popular. Shower hooks to handguns. Nice transition.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

ditto1958
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by ditto1958 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:06 pm

Bish1309 wrote:Sorry to be flooding every's posts with my pictures but thought I'd share my one and only Glock. It was the last pistol I purchased. I bought it 2 Saturday's before the election on the Saturday that I voted early.

After voting I went to the range to break in a couple other pistols and some how ended up walking out with the 19G4. I have no other Glocks to compare it to but it does what I need it to do. I'm pleased with my decision.

Nice Glock.
2 x

ditto1958
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by ditto1958 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:13 pm

Awhile back, a guy who is a member at our range was trying to decide which gun to buy to replace his Hi-Point.* He said people were advising him to buy a Glock, but he was reluctant. As far as he could tell (I guess from doing thorough internet research), Glocks just were not accurate. I stayed out of that one, but some poor younger guy took the bait, and tried to persuade him that he was full of it. It was all to no avail, though.

Since then, whenever we shoot Glocks at the range, if we do something good, the running joke is "man, I sure wish my Glock was accurate- think of how much better that target would be if I'd have had a good gun!"

*Seriously, his Hi-Point broke, and even though they have a life-time replacement warranty, he wanted something different.
2 x

tx gunrunner
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by tx gunrunner » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:11 am

My Glocks sucks when it come to accuracy . I just put these sights and stainless guide rod on this gun so I used a 6 o'clock hold to test fire the gun and see where the bullets are hitting . So hitting "X" ring was not important at that time . I've carried this gun everyday for over 10 yrs . It has NEVER had any hiccup like failure to feed , jams or miss fired EVER with any ammo I have put in it since I own it . It is not a target gun , but it will do head shots at 25 yds all day long if you do your job . The gun is only as good as the person shooting it . :roll:

Now I change the barrel to shoot lead in my Glock . I NEVER shoot lead and jacket bullets in the same barrel .

3 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:18 pm

Im not knockin any of the polymer pistols. I only own one, a Shield in 45acp. I dont care for Springfields Glocks or Sigs. Ive owned all of them. I just dont do well with them so I got rid of them. The only one I can shoot worth a darn is a CZ 75b. Have one in a 40 and a 9. I like both of them. Other than that its 1911's at my house. Al
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

tx gunrunner
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by tx gunrunner » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:20 am

BigAl52 wrote:The only one I can shoot worth a darn is a CZ 75b. Have one in a 40 and a 9. I like both of them. Al
You must have big hands ..... I can't reach the DA mode of the trigger and the SA is not in the sweet spot of my trigger finger either .I love the Glock 9mm / 40SW frame it fit me perfect . The larger Glock frame of the 10mm / 45acp I can't shoot correctly , even the single stack .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x