Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Magnum Research 10mm

Ernie
Drover
United States of America

Re: Magnum Research 10mm

Post by Ernie » Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:54 pm

I have the dies for 40 cal so that is covered. Ordered brass from Starline and have large pistol primers and think I have bullets but have to check to be sure. Will order the Lee factory crimper today and have powder covered. Will probably take it out Wednesday weather permitting.
Thanks for the positive response. I know I can always count on you enablers to make me feel like I did the right thing buying JUST ONE MORE GUN.
1 x

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:21 pm

That is a well made 1911! Only Mag Research gun I had was the BFR in .45-70 and it was made very well. Enjoy!
1 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:26 pm

North Country Gal wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:04 am
I've had a couple 1911s in 10mm and really enjoyed shooting the 10mm. I found the 10mm to be an easily controlled round in a 191, considering its power level. Great flat shooting distance cartridge for a 1911. My problem for me going 10mm, now, is the extra effort to rack the slide with the heavier 10mm springs needed. Some days the arthritis makes racking the slide on any semi-auto a challenge, even a 22 semi-auto. One reason I shoot mostly revolvers in my old age.
When I broke my left wrist in two places, it required surgery and the insertion of a steel plate. After surgery there was major nerve damage called "Complex Regional Pain Syndrome." The doc said it had been noted that the pain had often been described as worse than childbirth. I can't comment on that, but I can say that the pain when the hand was touched or I tried to force it to move right after surgery was ... awful. I had NO strength and I could not move my fingers. I was afraid that I would not be able to shoot semi-autos, OR long guns again. After nearly a year of therapy, I have about 80% range of motion and 50% of the strength back. I can chamber both the 1911s and the SIG P220, my main concerns. The Glocks were easy once I could make a fist... (sort of.) And Yes... on bad Arthur days... no. :(
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:27 pm

Hmmm... maybe that's the reason the last five guns I added were revolvers.
3 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.