Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Lay-away picked up today

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Lay-away picked up today

Post by bandit1250 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:01 pm

I picked up my lay away at my LGS today after selling the CZ 453 Varmint on Saturday. I have had it there for long enough and don't like taking to long to get the dealer his money. He has a fantastic lay away policy and I don't want to abuse it and he may make a change. It is a Ruger(forgive me) Predator 22 Magnum. It was a special run for one of the distributors and they did 500 Magnums and 500 22LR. It has the tactical style bolt handle and a Ruger factory mount for cross bolt rings. The barrel came threaded for a can but it is not getting one. It has a slightly heavier barrel than the sporter American and is 18" long. I don't know why they didn't make the switchable stock insert green but they left them black. I could paint it and I just might do that. Has the blade in the trigger like the Savage Accu-trigger. Trigger feels nice. It was brought in after being won and had to be sold as used so it was a good deal. Came in the box with all the papers with it. I don't know when I will get to shoot it. He gave me a Tasco 3-9 scope the guy brought in with it and a set of rings. The scope has extra dots down the reticle and I never seen a 3-9 Tasco with that set up in it. I will probably switch it out later. I picked it up for $219+tax. Here is a picture. I like the looks and feel of it. Will save wear on my CZ FS Magnum in hunting season and may just stay behind my pickup seat.
This is the closest green I have to paint the insert with. The other green I have is to dark. Either one may beat the black for looks.
1 x

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: Lay-away picked up today

Post by Catherine » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:14 pm

Congrats on your new rifle!

Good shooting to you.

Cate
1 x

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:35 pm

Sweet deal on the gun. That will definitely make a great truck gun. I am kind of partial to OD green so I like it.
1 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

White Squirrel
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by White Squirrel » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:45 pm

Nice rifle. I have the American in a 20" barrel in .22 LR. If this one is as much fun as mine, it will be great. Looking forward to a range report.
0 x
Henry Frontier .22LR

Deadwood Dutch
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Deadwood Dutch » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:58 pm

That is a great looking rifle! Congratulations
0 x
U.S. Navy ⚓️ 1965-1969 - NRA Member - Henry H004, Henry H001

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:37 pm

That's a nice looking Ruger. Good luck with the paint job.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member