Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Marlin Golden Model 39A

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Marlin Golden Model 39A

Post by JEBar » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:38 pm

Deadwood Dutch wrote:I am sure that you are looking forward to taking him shooting with it. I started my grandson when he was 12 with my old single shot .22 and now, at 13, he has his own Remington Model 700 .243. It is good that you can get him interested at 8 years of age, you will have good times together.
in our state a lifetime sportsman's hunting and fishing license can be purchased for $100 for a baby less than 1 year old .... the state's hunter safety course is open to people once they turn 8 .... at his Dad's (our son's) request I've been working with him for over a year .... we started with a Red Rider BB gun and worked up to my Grandfather's 22 Remington pump .... it has open sights with an additional peep .... after that we moved to his father's Ruger 10-22 with a fixed 4 power Nikon scope .... for his 8th birthday in September we plan to get him a Henry 357 mag .... once his father feels he is ready (at this point that is a completely open), arrangements will be made to take him deer hunting .... being given the 39A provides us with a good transition to the Henry
1 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:21 pm

in answer to some PM'd request, here's a picture of our grandson at a family shoot on Christmas Eve .... he was busting skeet at 50 yards with his Dad's Ruger 12-22 ....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:41 pm

Sorry about your loss of a long-time, dear friend, JEBar. Always a tough thing to go through.

Thanks for sharing that great story of tradition and family!
Oh yes, that's a very nice rifle. The little guy will be quite happy with it, I'm sure.
0 x

~Пока~

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:54 pm

the nice thing about our world is nothing is written in stone .... during the process of getting ready to take our Grandson out to shoot the Marlin 39A, I realized that with the scope shown in the pictures above, it is simply too heavy for him to enjoy .... took the scope off and put it in the vault .... may well reinstall it one day .... must say I'm looking forward to it
2 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:19 pm

Just noticed this post was number 1001 for you, JEBar.
Congrats on hitting the 1k mark!! :)
JEBar wrote:the nice thing about our world is nothing is written in stone .... during the process of getting ready to take our Grandson out to shoot the Marlin 39A, I realized that with the scope shown in the pictures above, it is simply too heavy for him to enjoy .... took the scope off and put it in the vault .... may well reinstall it one day .... must say I'm looking forward to it
0 x

~Пока~

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:31 pm

PT7 wrote:Just noticed this post was number 1001 for you, JEBar.
interesting, I haven't paid any attention to it .. it would be nice to think at least a few were worth reading ... :oops:
2 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:04 pm

Recently I racked up 1k also, and like you, didn't even notice. Someone told me about it.
But to encourage you about your posts, more than a "few were worth reading."
Keep on keeping on! 8-)
JEBar wrote:
PT7 wrote:Just noticed this post was number 1001 for you, JEBar.
interesting, I haven't paid any attention to it .. it would be nice to think at least a few were worth reading ... :oops:
0 x

~Пока~

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:19 pm

PT7 wrote:Recently I racked up 1k also, and like you, didn't even notice. Someone told me about it.
But to encourage you about your posts, more than a "few were worth reading."
Keep on keeping on! 8-)
kind words appreciated .... I've learned a great deal from the folks here and am enjoying making new friends
0 x