Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

A follow up on the 452 CZ 17 "Hummer"

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

A follow up on the 452 CZ 17 "Hummer"

Post by bandit1250 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:04 pm

I pulled the barreled action out of the stock and gave it a good wipe down. Removed the trigger pin to get the spring off the strut. Didn't have a suitable spring so I backed the adjuster nut off to the lowest setting. Not low enough so I cu t a half coil off the factory spring. Dropped the pull weight but still not where I wanted it. Made another half coil cut and was getting in the ball park. Cut less off this time and used the dremel tool and stoned where I cut it to sit flat so the spring wouldn't be moving around causing it to be varying on pull weight. Shimmed the trigger take up out to a real nice clean break. Right at 14 ounces now and with the nut backed off I can go higher but not lighter without modifying the spring more. I will leave it there. Also have a steel Flaig's Ace trigger shoe to put on after putting it back in the stock. Then I added a pressure point in the barrel channel like most CZ 452's seem to shoot better for me with up pressure about 2" from the end of the stock. Easier to remove at the range than add it at the range without my Tipton rifle vise being with me. Now it is free floated except at the pressure point. So now it is back together. Then the big dummy (me) remembered I didn't seal the wood in the barrel channel and the action area. Well at least I didn't have the trigger shoe on yet so I didn't have to remove that. I will pull it apart later today and seal the wood. I hope to find some ammo early this week as the early part is supposed to be windy. So what else is new. Seems like everyday is 10-15 mph or more. Looks to be better after mid week. Take care and shoot often. bandit
2 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: A follow up on the 452 CZ 17 "Hummer"

Post by North Country Gal » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:24 pm

Brings back memories. I did much the same on my CZ 452 and 455 triggers. Not needed, of course, with the set trigger on a 453. The current 457s have a new trigger with user adjustments that are pretty decent. Not as good as the usual Anschutz trigger, but still way better than most.

Can't wait to hear how it shoots.
1 x