Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

New projects,

DsGrouse
Cattle Driver
United States of America

New projects,

Post by DsGrouse » Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:42 am

I've had two BCA uppers for a long while. 350 legend and 450 bushmaster. I've had the mags and ammo for that long. I needed a lower.

I ordered two lowers, one to be used with the 350/450 uppers. Right now, i have a holosun as a sight, but will pick up a 1-8 1-6 sometime this year for them both. I'll order two Griffin muzzle adapters for my bushwacker 46 can and sort them out.

The 350 shoots nicely. The holosun was dead on target when I fired it last night, well, a minute of full-size ipsc plate.
Why those two calibers? well, why not?. At this point, without the sight, I am into them for 400 bucks; with sight, 600.

Ok onto project two.
Back in the day, prior to the 2014 while living in ct. I had a lauer/Mega gun. 22" barrel, 1" thick. I loved it. I could shoot nickles at 200 yards with 72 grain ammo 3 times out of 5. Prices got crazy in CT, and someone offered me stupid money. I've regretted selling it ever since. Now that I have my own range, i really regret it.
So, here's the photos of the old gun just before we decided to move to CT and CSP said to remove the PRS stock because it was adjustable. (rolls eyes) I had to sell my 556, and ar10T because they were banned by name
The eagle eyed among you will notice the cheap nc star scope. Other than the crappy amount of light it let through, poor eyebox, and illuminated reticle that ate batteries it never lost zero.

So, project fun, something different, something similar.
Aero builders kit. (hah, leggo kit is what i call them,_)

So, the spec's on this one.
Aero builders kit r-one hand guard.
Lilja 24 inch barrel Threaded
Dead air keymo muzzle break,
POF trigger,
Seekins LPK
JP enterprises silent capture spring and buffer kit
Mag pull PRS
Rifle-length gas tube, and buffer tube
Superlative arms adjustable gasblock,
Gemtec GSBC 556 bolt carrier
Lilja bolt,
Atlas bipod
Sig MSR 1-10 Scope.
Stainless gas tube

I am looking at the new primary arms GLx 4 to 27 FFP to replace the sig MSR which will go on my 300 black out, and it's 1 to 8 will go on one of my henry's and that 1 to 6 will go on the BCA upper.

It will be fun to have an accurate 223/556 back. Not that my POF is a slouch, but the SPR rifle i assembled for my son a couple of years ago wet my whistle.
1 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: New projects,

Post by Hatchdog » Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:08 am

Looks like a lot of fun grouse. Enjoying playing around with my first Blackout myself. Gotta keep these idle hands busy, right? Sadly the state of Washington is heading in the direction of CT. Grrrrrrrrr
1 x

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:34 pm

You have some great project work going on! I never got on to the AR platform.
0 x

DsGrouse
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by DsGrouse » Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:45 am

Sorry for the bad pics, but it is finally together. It ran 53 rounds, flawlessly.

I torqued down the muzzle break and applied the rockset.
1 x

Bill.68
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Bill.68 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:45 pm

Man I wanted a set of that woodland camo from Aero. Nice. But, how did it shoot?

Man, you sank some $ into that build! Good, good for you. I love good, quality guns. I alsways spend what I have to to buy quality components when I build. Also, just as importantly is following best practices during assembly. You know, Ive built 9 AR's so far and no BS, Ive yet to have a single malfunction with any of them. One or two may be a little heavily gassed but I took care of that with components from BlackRiverTactical.
I always tell friends when they say they want to try a build or they ask how hard it is or whats involved that first, they arent going to save money by building their own if they do it correctly. The best reason to build is because they want a gun thats not available with the components or in the configuration they want.
That if they buy the best quality components they can afford they will end up with the best rifle they can get but only if they take those top quality components and assemble them using prescribed and proven techniques. Build to a spec, build to a standard, use proper torque values, stake things that are supposed to be staked. Invest in tooling and gauges to inspect all of those parts you bought and watch for tolerance stacking, especially where the gas system is concerned.
1 x
Please always remember to never forget, No matter where you go, there you are.