Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

CZ 600 Lux

Ernie
Cowboy
United States of America

CZ 600 Lux

Post by Ernie » Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:48 am

Despite the recall for all 600 series rifles I ordered a Lux in 223. If you are not aware, CZ ordered a total recall when they decided the replaceable barrel option could cause injury if the barrels were not properly installed but could still fire. When I first read about the series I was enthused about the ability to change barrels to different calibers like my 455s in 22 lr, 22 mag, and 17 HMR but the reality is I don't want any other calibers and will be shooting just the 223/556 ammo. I like my CZs and since I sold all my semi-auto centerfire rifles, this seemed like a good rifle to be able to shoot 223 again. Will post pics when it comes.
2 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: CZ 600 Lux

Post by Sir Henry » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:01 pm

CZ’s are accurate and affordable. Looking forward to a range report.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:39 pm

I get that. It's been awhile since I've done any centerfire shooting, so I thought we're past due to get out and shoot centerfire. Definitely a shock, then, when I started shopping for ammo. Getting hard to find ammo in even some of the common calibers, now, and the prices are insane. Fortunately, 223 is still the best thing to shoot in centerfire rifle in terms of availability and price. For sure, the price on 223 ammo has gone up, but it's still a bargain compared to other factory rifle ammo.

No wonder we've been shooting air guns so much. This ammo situation is just nuts.
2 x

Ernie
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:58 pm

I agree about the prices and availability. That is what finally got me to start reloading. I have dies and brass for 223, I have to find a good bullet. If anyone has any recommendations I am eager to get them.
0 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:29 am

Ernie wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:58 pm
I agree about the prices and availability. That is what finally got me to start reloading. I have dies and brass for 223, I have to find a good bullet. If anyone has any recommendations I am eager to get them.
Depends on the barrel twist of your rifle. 1-9 in mine really like the Sierra 69 grain Matchking. Both my Ruger Gunsite bolt and my Mini 14 shoot this bullet well. My go to powder for match quality ammo is Varget. For AR-15 fodder I use WC 844 pull down military powder and 55 gr Fmj bullets.

Nice thing about 22 cal center fires is there is an incredible amount of bullets available.
1 x