Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

CZfans, where you at?

Bill.68
Cowhand
United States of America

CZfans, where you at?

Post by Bill.68 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:59 pm

Any CZ lovers here? I sure admire CZ, they are a great firearms manufacturer. They saved Dan Wesson and Im hopeful they can do the same with Colt, not to mention theyre the maker of one of the most prolific firearms in history, the venerable CZ75. This iconic handgun has served, and continues to serve more agencies worldwide than almost any other handgun in history. Look around at how many handguns are actually clones of the cz75 design.

Personally I own 5 CZ firearms, a CZ97B, a P-01, a 457Varmint 22wmr, a Dan Wesson Valor and a Dan Wesson Silverback, 45acp and 10mm respectively.

Imagefoto upload

Both have been fully Cajun-ized with their ProPackage and are unbelievably accurate. The 97 has a DA trigger that has to be felt to be believed. I would estimate it to be in the 5 to 6 pound range, in DA! Its probably heavier but its so smooth and crisp that it feels that light. Heck, who knows, it might really be that light.
The little P-01 is not far behind either. The SA in both defies description. Great guns. Ive got over 4k rounds through the P-01 and can remember ZERO malfunctions. Zero for the 97 too but it has far less rounds.

Next up are my two DW's. Ive had Baers and Ive shot several Nighthawks and more Wilson 1911's and I will stick with my DW's. Probably THE best value in a 1911 ever since CZ put them on the market. Both of mine were, at the time, their flagship models and as such are completely hand fitted with parts made by Dan Wesson, not built from parts sourced from other suppliers or manufacturers. Everything in them is made by Dan Wesson and every part is hand fit by one gunsmith at DW, not done on an assembly line. So, yes, they are spendy but not nearly so as any of the custom makers named above and Ill say that mine can and will compete admirably with any of theirs.

And finally, with scant few pictures, my little 457 Varmint 22wmr. As per usual, a fantastic little firearm. Its really new to me so I van wax poetic about it as I van with the others butnpreliminary and early experiences leads me to believe this thing is going to be everything Ive come to expect from a top tier manufacturer like CZ. Here it is at home with my Henry BigBoy 44mag.

So, any other CZ devotees around these parts?
2 x
Please always remember to never forget, No matter where you go, there you are.

Ozarkwoodswalker
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: CZfans, where you at?

Post by Ozarkwoodswalker » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:06 pm

I am quiet intrigued by the CZ rifles... look and sounds like they are quality clear through....
1 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:51 pm

We are shooting mostly air guns, these days, but we still have a few of our favorite CZ rimfires we kept.

A pair of hard to find CZ 453Vs. 17 HMR top, 22 LR bottom

457 Varmint MTR

Have also owned a few DW 1911s in my time. Superb 1911s
0 x

John E Davies
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by John E Davies » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:56 pm

They are sure nice, I have had a few in the past, mostly rifles, tho I did have a beauty of a Swiss made AT84 (CZ75 clone) with both 9mm and .40 AE barrels. I can’t seem to hold onto them. My daily carry is a P10F with Surefire light and an optic, the only mods I made was an aftermarket trigger and some grip tape. I have peripheral neuropathy and I need a big gun that is light recoiling, and easy to rack, the optic gives me a solid ledge so I don’t have to gip the slide so tightly.

I would love a CZ75 Shadow 2 Optic Ready one day, but I don’t think I can rationalize the cost for a safe queen.

John Davies
Spokane WA
Last edited by John E Davies on Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

bikeridertim
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by bikeridertim » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:34 pm

I have A few, 3 rifles A 512, 452, 457 MTR. A few pistols including 1 of a 1000 1911 A1, A PCR, A 75B, A97B. Yeah I like them! :lol: :lol:
0 x

BruniX
Cowhand
France

Post by BruniX » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:15 am

Nice gun !
i love Cz and have one Shadow 2 SA ,
and this afternoon , trade a 97 again my glock 21 :D

all gun and CZ riffle are excellent product, robust, accurate, and aesthetic :)

BruniX
1 x
"Those who forget the past are condemned to relive it"
W. Churchill

Shadow 2 SA - CZ
P08 - Luger
AR-15 - SDI
586 - S&W
97 - CZ
T3 Tac. - Tikka
1895 SBL - Marlin
1860 COLT - Pietta

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:00 am

Six months ago I would say I’ve never owned a CZ but since I have purchased a CZ 75B Omega and traded into a CZ 512 22wmr. Unfortunately I can’t give a range report on either as I have been doing other activities but will do so soon. However, both are wonderful to fondle. :D
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:36 am

Oops! I forgot some of my CZ air rifles. A lot of shooters don't know that CZ has also been in the air rifle business for a long time.

Slavia 631 (early 90s vintage springer)

CZ 200T (top), CZ 200S (bottom) (wonderful handling PCPs, some of my favorite air rifles)
1 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:47 am

We have a CZ Rifle bought for squirrels that were raiding the coop in VA and eating loads of the chicken feed. I had my guy put a nice scope on it, bore sight it, and add a sling as Tina would carry it thru the woods on the farm for sniping squirrels. He didn't let me down. My first five shots at 25 yards.... checking the scope.

five shots cz 22.jpg

Here is the CZ 455....

cz 455.jpg

Tina became the Carlos Hathcock of the squirrel world. Evil rained down on the tree rats and they would leave and go to the farm next door for weeks. When they came back... Tina would break out the CZ and .... they would pack up again. I just liked plinking... I gave up hunting after my time in the Corps and LE. :P That CZ... she's a shooter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

PBSnooker
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by PBSnooker » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:09 pm

I like and have 3 CZ (Huglu) o/u shotguns.
0 x