CZfans, where you at?

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: CZfans, where you at?

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:20 am

North Country Gal wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:37 pm
It's a big robust rifle designed specifically to be shot from a rest. Scope, only, no sights. Not a rifle I would want to carry very far. Designed to do one job - shoot small groups from the bench - and it does it very well.
Now that I’m settled into a real home I’m in the mood to let my collection grow again. I’m going into town on Tuesday. It’s senior discount day at the County Market and I tend to make it my shopping day to save gas on the 60 mile round trip drive.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Bill.68
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Bill.68 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:04 am

Very nice shooting with that MTR! From all Ive seen that is on par performance from that barrel. I couldnt swing the $. I did get a Varmint model in 22wmr and with some of the cheapest 22mag ammo out there, Armscore, I shot these today @ 50yds
15 characters.

1 x
Please always remember to never forget, No matter where you go, there you are.

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:47 am

Bill.68 wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:04 am
Very nice shooting with that MTR! From all Ive seen that is on par performance from that barrel. I couldnt swing the $. I did get a Varmint model in 22wmr and with some of the cheapest 22mag ammo out there, Armscore, I shot these today @ 50yds
15 characters.

Great shootin’! Sometimes I like plinking and sometimes I like shooting the smallest groups in paper.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:18 am

Outstanding work with the 22 mag. I've had a couple CZ 22 mags that I could not get to shoot as well as I expected, but, hey, that's the 22 mag. Never know for sure what you'll get till you go out and shoot. Actually, my best ever 22 mag isn't even a bolt gun. It's my 1885 Miroku Winchester Low Wall Hunter

0 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:21 am

Hey Bill.68, that’s some great shooting there and very encouraging for me as my CZ 22wmr came with several hundred rounds of Armscore ammo. One of these days I’ll get it to the range to do some group work. I have a scope on it and have picked up several different types of ammo. I just need to drag my butt to the range.
0 x

John E Davies
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by John E Davies » Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:43 am

North Country Gal wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:18 am
Outstanding work with the 22 mag. I've had a couple CZ 22 mags that I could not get to shoot as well as I expected, but, hey, that's the 22 mag. Never know for sure what you'll get till you go out and shoot. Actually, my best ever 22 mag isn't even a bolt gun. It's my 1885 Miroku Winchester Low Wall Hunter

I love those 1885s, I once had a drop dead gorgeous Browning RMEF commemorative with 28” barrel in .45/70. How is your trigger, those trigger groups are reportedly best left to a gunsmith to disassemble, and mine was pretty darned bad.

Especially since I also had a CZ453 Varmint and its set trigger was about 12 ounces. It is the only rifle I ever owned where I had an unintentional discharge just from positioning my finger. After that I would set it, then sloooooooooowy creep my finger back until it touched. A very slight gentle squeeeeeeze, and bang. You have to have your head on straight to use those triggers.

John Davies
Spokane WA
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:55 pm

There is some minimal adjustment on pull weight, but not much. All of ours (we have 5) have field/hunter pulls in the 3 pound range and are fairly crisp. Not match grade triggers like I get on our CZ bolt guns, obviously, but definitely better than the usual lever gun or semi-auto. The most important thing for me is that the triggers don't affect accuracy or my enjoyment of these guns.
0 x

Bill.68
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Bill.68 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:30 pm

Took oit the little 457 22mag this weekend and shot some decent groups. I had my 97 and P-01 but the pistol ranges were so packed I didnt bother.
I am in love with that 457 though, jist wish it wasnt so expensive to shoot. On a positive note, it loves the cheapest 22wmr ammo out there, Armscor JHP..
Keep in mind that there was no aiming point, I just center the green square in the reticle and hold it there.

0 x

Bill.68
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Bill.68 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:37 pm

Hatchdog wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:21 am
Hey Bill.68, that’s some great shooting there and very encouraging for me as my CZ 22wmr came with several hundred rounds of Armscore ammo. One of these days I’ll get it to the range to do some group work. I have a scope on it and have picked up several different types of ammo. I just need to drag my butt to the range.
Thank you my friend. I enjoy shooting the 457 and Im betting you will too so yes, take it out and shoot. If yours is anything like mine the Armscor ammo will surprise you.
As you can see above I just posted a few more nice little groups I shot yesterday.
Thats my life, shoot, clean, reload, repeat. I likes it though.
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:28 pm

Oh, yeah, that 22 mag is definitely a keeper. Congrats and great shooting.
0 x