Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Another one down the road

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Another one down the road

Post by bandit1250 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:47 am

I sold my Remington 541-S Saturday. Met the guy at my local dealer to have the back ground check done. I have shot it enough to find out I prefer my 452 Grand Finales to the Remington. That was the eighth 541-S I have owned and maybe the last. It shot well but I prefer the GF rifles over the Remington and the CZ GF rifles shoot slightly better and more consistent from day to day and shoot the lower tier ammo much better. One thing I really don't like on the Rem. is the small curved bolt handle tucked in close to the stock making it harder to close with the tight chamber when shooting especially CCI standard. The CZ has a much better designed bolt handle for better leverage on closing even with the CZ being a pretty tight chamber also. The CZ has a more full size rifle heft to it which makes it quite a bit better of the bench. I like that about the GF's.
The guy was very impressed with the Remington's mint condition and he could hardly believe it was built in 1976. He had no problem with paying the $1000 price. He has several other 541-S rifles and told me this one is actually the best one yet. Over the weekend I also sold my Leupold 3-9X 33 AO Compact gloss finish scope. Probably sold it on the low side but gave the guy a better price. It went for $325 in mint condition but no box. I may sell some more of my stuff after going through what is here I don't need. Have a great day. Looks like a nice day for today here.
1 x