Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

CZ 452 Scout

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

CZ 452 Scout

Post by bandit1250 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:53 am

Early this year I bought a CZ Scout 452 from an estate sale and did a trigger job on it and just set it aside and pretty much forgot about it. Very low round count through this gun. I got it out last evening and did a good cleaning of the barrel even though it looked clean CZ's usually come out with brown for many cleaning patches and solvent. After I got done with the cleaning I bore scoped the bore and this one looks as good as my Scout squirrel rifle I use for hunting. Both the Scouts scope so well they look like match grade barrels I have scoped. They are better looking bores and rifling leades than about all the other 22's I own including my Grand Finale rifles. They look like they were made by a different company than the other CZ barrels. My hunting Scout on paper shows it has a very good barrel with the accuracy it has and is not finicky about ammo. Even is a good cold bore first shot rifle. I just hope this one is close in accuracy to my hunting one. I will get my wife to send pictures of it and one other rifle I got from the estate to BidAl to post. The other one I picked up still had the factory protective coating on it. Not a CZ and is 22 Mag.
1 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: CZ 452 Scout

Post by North Country Gal » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:07 am

Interesting info on the Scout. It's one of the few CZs we have never owned or shot.

One thing I've noticed on all the CZs we've had is that they run tight bores, compared to most 22s. How does the Scout do in this regard?
0 x

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by bandit1250 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:08 pm

North Country Gal wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:07 am
Interesting info on the Scout. It's one of the few CZs we have never owned or shot.

One thing I've noticed on all the CZs we've had is that they run tight bores, compared to most 22s. How does the Scout do in this regard?
Tight bores like all the CZ barrels. I use a 17 or 20 caliber rod.
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:21 pm

Thanks. We're still hoping to get out to the club range and shoot the CZs a bit this summer.
1 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:23 am

I want to shoot mine too. I’m hoping all my bb and pellet trigger time will pay off.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater