Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Ruger calling!

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Ruger calling!

Post by daytime dave » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:16 pm

It's just my humble opinion, but I'd say they are headed in the right direction.
First, you received a response to your email. That is pretty standard. Going well beyond that is a phone call from the CEO's assistant/secretary who had an actual conversation with you. Mentioning that they have hired pre-Remington Marlin workers to make sure the standards are up to par on the "new" Marlins is another step in the right direction.
Unfortunately, non of that did anything to assist you with your poorly functioning model 60. Did any remedies or solutions for that come up in the conversation? I'm just curious if they were able to offer any assistance with the model 60?
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

Dahliathemeh
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Dahliathemeh » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:23 pm

No, unfortunately not. She did agree she knew very little in the way of the Marlin side of things. All she knew is they were just getting the first few Marlin off the line, and we're not releasing them until they were "perfect". They were working their tail of for a November release. She had said the were working on the 1895, and 1893? They had never made lever guns before and the company has been excited for their new venture. She was apologetic for my situation.
Even though they couldn't help me, I was impressed with their level of costumer service.
2 x
I never take myself seriously....

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:15 am

Well, it's good to hear that they reached out to you. Thank you for the information.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

John E Davies
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by John E Davies » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:35 pm

https://www.guns.com/news/2021/10/22/r ... rlin-rifle

I love the look of those grey laminated stainless Trapper carbines. I wish Henry would do this. If the new Marlins are not outrageously priced I will be looking hard at a .44 Mag and might end up selling my BBX, which I am not especially fond of. It is perfectly fine as a tool, but it in no way excites me.

John Davies
Spokane WA
0 x

JVogler
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by JVogler » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:30 pm

fortyshooter wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:47 pm
I can see a combo pack of a Ruger/Marlin " Rulin" lever rifle and a single action revolver!
Forty, I think the new rifles will be called Ruglins. Or is it Margers?
1 x

Travlin
Cowboy

Post by Travlin » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:13 am

One of my Marlins has the crossbolt "safety?" and I think that it is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.
0 x

John E Davies
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by John E Davies » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:10 am

Travlin wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:13 am
One of my Marlins has the crossbolt "safety?" and I think that it is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.
Several companies make a safety delete plug, or you can do it yourself easily enough by grinding down one section of the pin…. I agree that a non-intuitive push button safety on a rifle that might be used for bear defense or human defense is a bad thing. Be aware that it voids your warranty, LOL. I did it to an 1895 STP and it worked fine.

John Davies
Spokane WA
0 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:14 am

Of my Marlins, only 4 of them came with the CBS, 2 have the deletes installed and 2 haven't.
They don't really both me, but I have thought about the saddle ring delete for the 38-55 Cowboy.

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

Travlin
Cowboy

Post by Travlin » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:51 am

I understand that there are options to deal with the Marlin "safety". If I ever decide to part with the rifle there could be a liability issue if the next owner had some kind of an accident. I am just grateful that my Marlin 375 and 39 were made before the lawyers took over and am glad that H.R.A. uses the transfer bar which is certainly nothing new as I have an old Iver Johnson top break revolver that has a transfer bar and was made long before Ruger even existed.
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:45 am

If you want to disable the safety without resorting to replacing it or removing it, just add a small O ring on the left side to keep it in the fire position at all times. Works beautifully and if you decide to sell the gun, just remove it.

One plus for the safety I found, though, is putting the safety on when you cycle the action to remove live rounds.

As for me, the Marlin safety has always been a non-issue. The safety has never stopped me from buying a Marlin I otherwise wanted (and some of the best Marlins I ever had were safety models), nor has the safety been much of an issue when selling a JM Marlin. The fact that a Marlin is an original JM Marlin is far, far more important.
1 x