Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Home defense shotty

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Home defense shotty

Post by Hatchdog » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:53 am

My stepson lives in Southern California not too far from some of the recent riots and looting. He’s not a gun owner but was able to borrow a field shotgun from a friend. I understand the gun shops down there are pretty much sold out of home defense shotties. Yesterday I went to my LGS to pick up a Remington Express HD shotgun for him and they were sold out. They did have (last one) a Mossberg Maverick Security model left so I picked it up. Next hurdle is shipping it to a LGS in his area. That’s not the problem so much, the main issue will be that he will have to get a firearms certificate in order to pick up the gun. A written test probably following a class of some sort. (Not a bad idea really) Good old California gun laws.

The good (or maybe bad) news is the LGS had three Henry BBS 357 rifles on the rack. (Racks are out were us customers can fondle the guns) However, I resisted as I am wanting an X model. It was hard to walk away :( :( :(
2 x

wingnut
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Home defense shotty

Post by wingnut » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:13 am

And... He will have to pass another back-ground-check to buy ammo if he can find any. :shock:
0 x
You're born & you die. In between you get to shoot a bunch guns. Kind of sums up life to me. - Colorado Bob

leverjc
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by leverjc » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:29 am

California's safety test is a joke. It is more about their ridiculous gun laws than it is safety. Glad I got out when I did.
0 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:32 am

What could be said, but cannot be said here.

So I'll leave it at this.
You and your stepson have my sympathy.
1 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:48 am

Wingnut, I bought a 25 pack of 00BK I’m sending with the shotgun in case of ammo shortages in SoCal.

Gunny, thanks for your sympathies but fortunately I live in the still free Eastern Washington State. (Not so much in Western Washington where a group of individuals have taken over part of Seattle). :o
0 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:57 am

Hatchdog wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:48 am
Wingnut, I bought a 25 pack of 00BK I’m sending with the shotgun in case of ammo shortages in SoCal.

Gunny, thanks for your sympathies but fortunately I live in the still free Eastern Washington State. (Not so much in Western Washington where a group of individuals have taken over part of Seattle). :o
I lived in the Puget Sound area for many years off and on. Still have relatives and friends there, so I keep track of things up there. Capitol Hill has always been "Colorful", but this time it's gone off the rails.
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:48 pm

Hatchdog wrote:

Hope this is not too political but unfortunately we Eastern Washingtonians don't have much to say about statewide elections, initiatives and legislative actions, West WA and especially King County pretty much rules.
0 x

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:53 pm

Speaking of Home Defense watched Shooter last night and loved this scene starting at 1:17.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYf8gXD3hTA
0 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:07 am

dave77 wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:53 pm
Speaking of Home Defense watched Shooter last night and loved this scene starting at 1:17.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYf8gXD3hTA
Great movie, I’ve seen it a couple of times and now I will have to watch it again! :lol:

The author of the books, Steven Hunter is a great writer. I have read all the books related to Bob Lee and his father and they are great. I first got on to Hunter from an article in the NRA magazine which discussed how accurate and informed Hunter is regarding firearms. A great read indeed.....

Here is a list of Hunters Swagger books in chronological order.

https://www.fantasticfiction.com/h/step ... e-swagger/
0 x

wingnut
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by wingnut » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:26 pm

Hatchdog wrote:
Could, at least, add a box of high brass #4 or #5's so the kid can get some practice. ;)
0 x
You're born & you die. In between you get to shoot a bunch guns. Kind of sums up life to me. - Colorado Bob