Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

More collectibles

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: More collectibles

Post by BrokenolMarine » Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:54 pm

Thanks for sharing. I like the XP100. Always wanted one of those class single shot handguns, like the XP100, the Thompson Center, etc. Just never bought one. Never shot one either. Had friends that were just into long range plinking, and they loved theirs.
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:36 am

I also like the XP100. Reminds me of a Buck Rodgers ray gun.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:14 am

Wow, you sure have brought back some memories for me. My first handgun was a 4” Security Six purchased when I went to work for a firearms distributor. At work was a guy who was a silhouette shooter. I went to a match with him bringing my little 4” .357. I hit one pig, one turkey and one ram completely missing all the chickens. (Closest target for those who aren’t familiar with the sport). Needless to say I was hooked. Traveled thru a couple of T/C Contenders and finally got to an XP. Mine was the original .221 Fireball but I had it re-barreled to 7mm 08. A fun gun indeed and my scores improved considerably with that pistol.

Thanks for sharing yours, both the pics and the stories.
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:38 am

You are very welcome, Hatchdog. I also have the XP-100 Varmint in 223. Basically the same gun as the BR version I posted except no iron sights. By the mid-80s, the 223 was becoming much more popular than the 221, hence the Varmint edition. This one will be my main shooter thanks to being chambered in 223. Ammo is still affordable and plentiful. 7mm BR ammo is now extinct.

Mags, a Buck Rodgers ray gun was exactly what some called it when the first XP-100 was announced and hit the market in 1962/3. Probably the most radical gun Remington produced. At the time, Dupont owned Remington and that's why we have that XP-100 stock as well as the Nylon series of Remington rimfires. By the way, those Nylon series rimfires are getting collectible and prices are on the rise. Funny how what so many have called ugly stocks are now becoming more valuable. Always risky to predict what will and won't become collectible.
1 x