Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Bond Arms Factory Tour

Travlin
Cowboy

Re: Bond Arms Factory Tour

Post by Travlin » Thu May 27, 2021 12:48 am

The smoke could have been the bullet lube burning off. Also I have found any ammo that I loaded with Titegroup seemed to be smoky.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu May 27, 2021 7:48 am

I've heard good things about it but have never used Titegroup .... I wondered if it might be powder burning outside the barrel .. :?:
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat May 29, 2021 2:49 pm

JEBar wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 6:12 pm
I wanted to run a few 38 wadcutter hand loads through it .... the good news is, all 6 fired instantly with sold primer strikes .... I was very surprised to see a lead buildup on the rifling after so few shots
I just finished giving our Roughneck thorough cleaning after firing the 30 rounds (15 through each barrel) a few days ago .... with leading mentioned above after only 6 shots, I anticipated finding more lead buildup .... I'm delighted to say, there wasn't any ... none at all .... with both the first 6 and the last 30 all coming out of the same box, having the same powder, and the same wadcutter cast bullets, I have no clue as to why .. :?: .. the first Ballistol soaked patch run through each 6" barrel came out black and I do mean black .... a couple more were all that we needed to leave the inside of the barrels as shiny as new ... looking forward to taking it back out again soon
1 x

Greyhawk
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Greyhawk » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:05 pm

It's been quite a while since I've been on the forum and it's funny that without knowing that this conversation was even going on I went and scratched an itch that I have had for a long time and bought a Bond Arms Patriot (.45/410) I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but I'm looking forward to it for sure! It came with a leather driving holster too. Hope everyone is having a great summer!!!
Attachments
Bond Patriot.jpg
Bond Patriot.jpg (72.73 KiB) Viewed 1464 times
2 x