Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Bond Arms Factory Tour

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Bond Arms Factory Tour

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Wed May 05, 2021 11:45 am

Glad to see that you got it back in a reasonable amount of time. I almost mentioned the other day that a "Watching pot never boils", lol. What seem to be a while turned out pretty good.

I believe you are convinced and it may not matter anyway, but I wouldn't dry fire it anymore, lol.
0 x
NRA Member

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed May 05, 2021 12:25 pm

understood and agree, that's why I bought the snap caps .... the more I handle it, the more convinced I am that the OEM "Hammer Torsion Spring" was faulty to begin with .... my wife couldn't cock it using both thumbs nor could she pull the trigger .... now she can cock it with a single thumb and has no trouble pulling the trigger .... its trigger and cocking functions are both much smoother and do not require anywhere near as much effort .... I have a call into Bond to speak with the fellow who did the repair .... he's not there now, they are supposed to have him call me ....
1 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Wed May 05, 2021 3:30 pm

Well, I guess anything can break. Glad you got your Bond! Seems to be built like a tank. Hope it perform well for years to come. For me, the heavy trigger pull is a downer on my Davis, and the wife does not like it. Being there is not a trigger guard, I can understand. But, the S&W M360 seems to work fine for her. It's about the same weight. In any case, I hope not to use either, except for practice.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed May 05, 2021 4:49 pm

GFK wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 3:30 pm
For me, the heavy trigger pull is a downer on my Davis, and the wife does not like it. Being there is not a trigger guard, I can understand.
understood on the heavy trigger pull .... having no prior experience with a Bond derringer, I had no clue that the OEM trigger pull wasn't normal .... what I did figure out was using the notch sights was useless .... the heavy trigger pull ensured it being jerked off sight .... not that shouldn't be the case .... I hope to get out and fire a few rounds tomorrow and am sure it will make a difference
1 x

Ernie
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Wed May 05, 2021 7:09 pm

Glad you got it back and that it functions better. I carry mine daily with 410 defensive rounds that demolishes clay targets sitting at 25 feet.
1 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed May 05, 2021 8:33 pm

Ernie wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 7:09 pm
410 defensive rounds that demolishes clay targets sitting at 25 feet.
most impressive .... when you fire those 410's how would you rate the felt recoil/muzzle jump :?:
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed May 05, 2021 9:02 pm

GFK wrote:
Being there is not a trigger guard,
almost all models from Bond come with trigger guards that can be easily removed by removing one screw .... I removed ours and did find its easier to pull the trigger without the guard .... that said, I'm more comfortable with one so it has been reinstalled
0 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Wed May 05, 2021 9:54 pm

JEBar wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 9:02 pm
GFK wrote:
Being there is not a trigger guard,
almost all models from Bond come with trigger guards that can be easily removed by removing one screw .... I removed ours and did find its easier to pull the trigger without the guard .... that said, I'm more comfortable with one so it has been reinstalled
I can understand. I think that I would be more comfortable with the trigger guard also. Even though, the safety does provide some protection. Accidents do happen. It better to be safe than sorry. Yet, I do like my Davis. I thought about buying a Bond. But, went for a 5 shooter (M360) instead, a few more dollars. However, the wife finds it easy to shoot and handle. So, the range will be seeing more of us.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed May 05, 2021 10:03 pm

my wife has a Smith Model 637 Model 637 Crimson Trace® Lasergrip® ===> https://www.smith-wesson.com/product/mo ... sku=163052 .... with her arthritis, I have to light load its 38's .... my hope is our Roughneck will like them as well
1 x

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Wed May 05, 2021 11:10 pm

With my Rowdy, I don't even notice an issue with trigger pull. I'll have to pay more attention next time out. But if it's more than average, I'm not even realizing it. I really like the trigger guard as well. Another thing I liked about it in comparison to the Cobra that I considered.
0 x
NRA Member