Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Bond Arms Factory Tour

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Bond Arms Factory Tour

Post by JEBar » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:32 pm

a new Saga begins : when picked up our Roughneck off of the table this morning, I gave it a normal quick look over and in t he process, figured out all wasn't well .... cocked the hammer and is where it stayed .... could move it a bit back but absolutely no forward movement was possible .... checked everything I knew to check and then waited a hour and a have or the factory in Middlebury to open .... I told the lady who answered the call what the problem was and anticipated her transferring me to someone for assistance .... but no, she instantly began to trouble shoot the problem (pun intended ;) ) .... I did as instructed, nothing worked to release the hammer .... after only a few minutes she told me I need to send it back for them to take a look at it and gave me a return material authorization number .... looks like I get to compare Henry's repair service with Bond's .... shortly after hanging up an instruction email came through, still waiting on a shipping label which she told me a company they contract with will generate and get to me .... she's boxed up and waiting on the label .... my gut feeling is, some interior part has either broken or has come out of place .... she promised I would be advised as to the nature of the repairs
0 x

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:14 pm

I hope you didn't "dry fire" it too much.

(Half kidding)
0 x
NRA Member

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:29 pm

that thought crossed my mind (not kidding) .... a conversation I hope to have when they call back to tell me its ready to ship .... I do know it was on display at our local gun shop .... I have no doubt the owner kept a close eye on it while it was in the hands of a customer so I doubt that was part of the problem .... right now my totally uneducated thought is a part failure
1 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:31 pm

well, an unexpected delay right up front .... in an emailed response to my call to Bond's customer service, I was told,

"A shipping label will be sent to you later on from "ShipStation". A shipping label will be E-MAILED to the email address that you provided Bond Arms from "ShipStation" within 24 hours of submitting your repair request. If you have not received the shipping label in your inbox, please check your “Spam” or “Junk Folder”.

just over 48 hrs has passed, no shipping label so this morning I emailed the lady I've been working with .... in an almost immediate response she sent the following :

"I'm sorry about the delay. We are experiencing some issues with the system and are working to get it fixed asap."

just my luck .. :roll: .. I can only hope they get it fixed quickly
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:22 am

guess I've moved into the somewhat mystified category ..... no return label and no word from Bond since that shown above on the 15th .... a few minutes ago I emailed the lady I have been working with and she promptly sent the following and I have no reason not to believe her:

"Hi Jim,

I'm sorry to hear that, I have record that it went out not sure why you didn't receive it but here it is. "

our printer is still out in the camper and Maureen is out there printing it .... my immediate goal is to have it at our local FedEx pickup site ASAP .... I'm looking forward to seeing how long the repair and return process will take
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:01 am

Following along Jim. Just curious did you buy this to carry or just for the sake of adding one to your collection?
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:43 pm

BigAl52 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:01 am
Just curious did you buy this to carry or just for the sake of adding one to your collection?
for me, a derringer is one of the very few firearms that I've wanted for about as long as I can remember and have never owned .... the only handgun I own and fire is a Ruger Redhawk 44 Mag .... arthritis prevents me from firing full power loads and its weight makes it a bit unpleasant to shoot very many rounds of light loads .... I've fired enough 38's from our Roughneck to know that I enjoy shooting it .... for me it will be a point and shoot as opposed to using the sights .... I figure that for me to get as good as I'd like that will take a good bit of practice .... practice I'm really looking forward to
1 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:44 pm

now the wait begins .... it is in the hands of FedEx .... delivery back to Bond scheduled for sometime day after tomorrow (the 22nd)
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:06 pm

Hope your wait isn’t very long. I bought two Bonds and four barrels over the years. I recently sold one receiver and three barrels only keeping the Texan fitted with a .22LR barrel.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:15 pm

there 22LR didn't perform up to their standards so they dropped it as an option .... however, it was so popular that they are working on a model that will be dedicated to 22 only .... I'm looking forward to seeing it
1 x