Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

What is your favorite knock around gun.

Headhog
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: What is your favorite knock around gun.

Post by Headhog » Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:50 pm

My favorite knock around gun would be my Glock 23. I bought this gun from a friend I shot with when I lived in Georgia. It's a older Glock Gen. 2 but it just fits my hand well and shoot where I want. Before I moved out of Georgia I brought it down to the Glock plant in Smyrna and had them go over it. They replace a few parts for me (no charge) and upgraded the 10 round mags that came with the gun, to high capacity (also no charge). This firearm is always nearby - load and ready to go.

Paul
1 x

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:10 pm

It has a Crimson Trace universal laser. The kydex holster was made by a local maker who has since moved to Idaho (Gunfightersinc). The leather was made by mtrcustomleather, very nice holster and they have a lot of custom lights and lasers options available, expensive though, especially if you want to pay extra for faster delivery.

I had a laser on my XDS, great gun to carry, I could almost forget I was carrying it but I just never could get accurate with it.

0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:42 pm

dave77 wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:10 pm
It has a Crimson Trace universal laser. The kydex holster was made by a local maker who has since moved to Idaho (Gunfightersinc). The leather was made by very nice holster and they have a lot of custom lights and lasers options available, expensive though, especially if you want to pay extra for faster delivery.

I had a laser on my XDS, great gun to carry, I could almost forget I was carrying it but I just never could get accurate with it.

Thanks for the info Dave. I hear you about the accuracy of the XDS. well made gun though, and very concealable.
What I like the most is the raised bar to indicate a chambered round. Pretty handy if you're in the dark.
Back to holsters: I will look into mtrcustomleather.👍
Attachments
20210430_104040.jpg
20210430_104040.jpg (81.08 KiB) Viewed 2323 times
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:13 pm

I just looked at MTR and looks like they list all the XDS types and they have a lot of light options available.
1 x

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:50 pm

Nebraska is voting this week on constitutional carry. So, of course, I just spent a hundred twenty-five on signing up for a concealed carry class. Yeah, I know it will stand me good across more parts of the country. But, there is hope that we will all be free someday.

My knock around carry is a 4" SP101 in 357.
0 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:58 pm

Cofisher wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:50 pm
Nebraska is voting this week on constitutional carry. So, of course, I just spent a hundred twenty-five on signing up for a concealed carry class. Yeah, I know it will stand me good across more parts of the country. But, there is hope that we will all be free someday.

My knock around carry is a 4" SP101 in 357.
Can't remember what they were, but, it's my understanding that having a permit will still be advantageous in certain situations. I believe it related to a self defense use and outcome.
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

DsGrouse
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by DsGrouse » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:03 am

I have two that I use around the property. Both of these are tanks, and can take abuse if they fall prey to it.

Ruger P85MKII

and

Jericho 941F

A couple of years ago, now, I sent their slides and barrels off to Adco to have thread extensions put on. Now I can shoot them suppressed.

0 x