Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Is a Henry pump in my future?

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: Is a Henry pump in my future?

Post by CT_Shooter » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:00 pm

RoadBlocker wrote:Just proves even a smart Dr can do dumb things like the rest of us.
I retired after working for fifteen years at a university. How right you are! :lol:
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

jon p
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by jon p » Sat May 07, 2016 2:40 pm

go ahead and get one, they are a BLAST to shoot. I have had mine about 5 years now, added a brasslite receiver cover. just be SURE to keep the pump handle screws TIGHT. it is a good looking pump.man sized and heavy! stiff, pump it like you are mad at it, just like my 1960s Winchester 275 .22 magnum pump. my 2 Remington 572 pumps are a light stroke action, 1958 and 1974. I love a pump gun!!
2 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sun May 08, 2016 12:17 pm

jon p wrote:go ahead and get one, they are a BLAST to shoot. I have had mine about 5 years now, added a brasslite receiver cover. just be SURE to keep the pump handle screws TIGHT. it is a good looking pump.man sized and heavy! stiff, pump it like you are mad at it, just like my 1960s Winchester 275 .22 magnum pump. my 2 Remington 572 pumps are a light stroke action, 1958 and 1974. I love a pump gun!!
Does it take the same cover as an H001?
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

jon p
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by jon p » Fri May 13, 2016 10:45 pm

yes, the same cover should work. the brasslite covers are no longer available, sadly.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Fri May 13, 2016 11:14 pm

jon p wrote:yes, the same cover should work. the brasslite covers are no longer available, sadly.
I bought two of the brasslite covers a few years ago. I was thinking of doing the same with the currently available silver covers.
0 x

jon p
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by jon p » Sun May 15, 2016 4:04 pm

the only receiver problem has been an older cover that I stripped down and polished bare silver will NOT FIT my 2 year old big loop carbine, for some reason. it ALMOST fits!! I cant see where the difference is, but Henry has changed something in the shape of the main receiver. BUMMER, now I have a nice silver cover I cant use.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon May 16, 2016 12:31 am

jon p wrote:the only receiver problem has been an older cover that I stripped down and polished bare silver will NOT FIT my 2 year old big loop carbine, for some reason. it ALMOST fits!! I cant see where the difference is, but Henry has changed something in the shape of the main receiver. BUMMER, now I have a nice silver cover I cant use.
I had the same problem but found where it was hanging up and filed it down. I've identified three separate types of receivers on the H001.
0 x