Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

My new Henry H003T

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

My new Henry H003T

Post by Sir Henry » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:54 pm

I've had it for several days but have hardly looked at it. Well the hardwood floor installers are out of the house and I can unlock the hobby room. The receiver cover and buttstock looks like it would be interchangeable with the H001. The cover is painted just like on the Classic and is about the same quality. Nice but nothing special.

The stroke on this pump is very short. The first few times I could barely work the action. But after a few dozen cycles it works a lot smoother although still a tough pull. I suspect it will get smoother with use. Since it is sub freezing out now wouldn't be a good time to shoot a maiden bullet. It still needs breaking in and I've found that when I cycle it left-handed it works great. But right-handed it gives me a little problem. I've always thought even the slightest side pressure can really effect how you work the action. This is true even on the Henry rimfire levers.

I suspect this rifle will not give me any problems either handed once I figure out how it likes to be stroked.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: My new Henry H003T

Post by JEBar » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:10 pm

really looking forward to your range reports
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:40 pm

I to am curious how you will like it. Im on the fence as to whether to buy one or not. Club has one in 22 mag but I have held off due to ammo prices. Al
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Tape
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Tape » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:16 am

congrats, I wish Henry built semi-auto's, I'm searching/waiting on a good deal on a 22mag Volquartsen. Funny what Al said and I really agree but I got that damn 22mag auto bug that will not get off my skin. Like I really need it :roll:
0 x

Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Post by Les » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:42 am

The first thing I did when I got my H003T was to strip it down, remove any burrs, and lubricate it. There was absolutely no lubrication on any of the moving parts. Once it was all back together, it was a whole lot smoother to operate. The action needs to be cycled firmly, but it is very predictable.

If yours is anything like mine, SH, you'll be amazed at the accuracy. I was expecting it to be a lot of fun, but not particularly accurate, but I was very pleasantly surprised. I'm sure you're going to love it! ;)
1 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:11 am

Les wrote:The first thing I did when I got my H003T was to strip it down, remove any burrs, and lubricate it. There was absolutely no lubrication on any of the moving parts. Once it was all back together, it was a whole lot smoother to operate. The action needs to be cycled firmly, but it is very predictable.

If yours is anything like mine, SH, you'll be amazed at the accuracy. I was expecting it to be a lot of fun, but not particularly accurate, but I was very pleasantly surprised. I'm sure you're going to love it! ;)
With my hardwood floors going in I'm almost homeless for another week and don't want to start a new project. But I have examined the rifle carefully and the limited moving parts that I can see are dry so I suspect you are right about oiling it.

Pump rifles/shotguns are like a new wallet or baseball glove and need to be trained right. Right now the pump is working perfect but the release is sticking sometimes. But it is also me trying to get used to the new action too. I have pump shotguns and another pump 22 but for the most part I don't shoot them much and my hands both have Henry lever action memory.
2 x

ditto1958
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by ditto1958 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:11 am

We need some pics of this creature.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:09 pm

Okay here is a picture. I think it is fitting to use the hardwood floor addition as a background.
DSCN1455 (2).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
4 x

DWD445
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by DWD445 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:48 pm

Sweet !!! Got any plans to customize??
0 x
NRA - DW wheelguns - H012S - Oh CCW

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:42 pm

Man Gene that floor really looks nice. :lol:
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55