Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

dddrees
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: Henrys Original

Post by dddrees » Mon May 13, 2019 8:54 am

All I would stipulate is that I have no actual evidence or proof of what Henry is actually doing.

However I would say that the material they are using such as their wood and even their receivers on the Original Henry appear to be exactly what they are using on their Big Boys . A bit fancier to a degree with regards to their stocks but certainly by all accounts not the European wood that Uberti uses which supposedly is actually grey underneath that red varnish and tends to be a bit softer from what I have read. I haven't tested the alloy on the receiver but by all appearances it appears to be an exact match with regards to the type of alloy I've seen on their Big Boys. Even though I have yet to see a Henry from Uberti this alloy is significantly different than what is on my Winchester 1866. So when I mentioned DNA earlier that's basically what I meant. The Original Henry also uses Mim parts and I have yet to read that Uberti does that. Also from everything I have read is that Uberti uses softer headed screws which does not appear to be the type of screws used on my rifle. So the differences in my opinion are not just due to a higher polish or over polish which is what they did on the barrel but there are some good examples of actual differences in at least some of the type of parts being used.
0 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Mon May 13, 2019 11:05 am

Just my opinion but I think the Uberti fills the bill if you want a very close replica and HRA one if you want a very high end flashy one. Either way, you are in for a treat at the shooting range.
1 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

dddrees
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by dddrees » Mon May 13, 2019 11:17 am

RanchRoper wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 11:05 am
Just my opinion but I think the Uberti fills the bill if you want a very close replica and HRA one if you want a very high end flashy one. Either way, you are in for a treat at the shooting range.

Of course my comments may typically come off in favor of the Henry Repeating Arms Henry but that's typicall of someone who chose one over another. But there are many who like you have chosen the Uberti over the Henry Repeating Arms version. This of course goes for the Winchester Miroku versions vs Uberti. This also goes for Ruger vs Uberti.

Just so happens I have always chosen something other than Uberti. But without a doubt the major case Uberti can always make is how close their replicas actually replicate the original. They tend to always come out on top when it comes to this point.

By no means does this not mean I don't see and others agree with you that the Uberti's plusses can actually be a better fit depending on ones likes and dislikes. Just a great thing we actually have choices.

By the way I do really wish Henry Repeating Arms had choosen not to be so flashy with the polishing job they did on the barrel and magazine. I also wish Henry hadn't chosen to use Mim parts or that their ladder sight didn't feel so weak. But as mentioned all of these replicas to one degree or another are a compromise and when choosing as long as you recognize that then you"ll better understand what options you actually have.
0 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Mon May 13, 2019 11:30 am

It's all good....just get out and shoot 'em! :D
2 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Mon May 13, 2019 11:35 am

So true. Even if Tony, getting Henry started in the 90's, did assemble guns in the U.S. from Uberti parts then, it doesn't mean once Henry was on it's feet it continued to do so. Today 'I believe' they make the unique parts that make up a Henry rifle, but buy common parts like washers, o-rings, studs and such from other U.S. manufactures.
dddrees wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 8:54 am
... have no actual evidence or proof of what Henry is actually doing.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

dddrees
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by dddrees » Mon May 13, 2019 11:59 am

This is the video I spoke of and starting at 4:00 is where Anthony speaks about where various parts and components come from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... nJK8hlD_NY
0 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Mon May 13, 2019 12:31 pm

This also goes for Ruger vs Uberti.
What do Ruger and Uberti make in common?
1 x

dddrees
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by dddrees » Mon May 13, 2019 12:33 pm

Mistered wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 12:31 pm
This also goes for Ruger vs Uberti.
What do Ruger and Uberti make in common?
SA Revolvers. As appealing as the Ubertis are I have always chosen to get a Ruger for various reasons which work better for me instead.
0 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Mon May 13, 2019 12:46 pm

Those who choose Uberti probably do so for the authenticity of having a Colt replica.
Ruger isn't really replicating anything specific but are producing a quality SA revolver of their own design.
An I too am a fan of Ruger and have owned several - but none currently.
0 x