i found the video spent too much time talking about the polish. boring to me
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: Just starting to consider getting one

Post by PT7 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:10 pm

_WELCOME!_.jpg
...to the Forum...and greetings from the Show-Me-State, OldLog.
OldLog wrote:i found the video spent too much time talking about the polish. boring to me
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

~Пока~

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:23 pm

Welcome to the forum from the TV Oregon.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:19 pm

Welcome to the forum from CT.
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

dddrees
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by dddrees » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:42 pm

Mags wrote:Welcome to the forum from the TV Oregon.
CT_Shooter wrote:Welcome to the forum from CT.

Thank you.

I got side tracked with a few other lever guns a bit ago but I am seriously looking into one of these again. Pretty sure the only way I'll stop doing this is to finally get one.
2 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:04 pm

So, you didn't get the Winchester Shot Show version? Back to Square One?
1 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

dddrees
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by dddrees » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:03 am

ESquared wrote:So, you didn't get the Winchester Shot Show version? Back to Square One?

Yes it's back to square one. But not the one your thinking because I got those two. The 1866 and the 1873 Shot Show versions that is. But my intentions initially were to get the Original Henry by Henry Repeating Arms. I never meant to skip that one initially. Thing was the other two were Shot Show versions and I just had the feeling they may not be around for ever. The other consideration was caliber and I already had 357 Revolvers so those two made more sense from that perspective as well or at least to me.

Anyway I skipped it and now I can't get it out of my head. Typically the answer is pretty simple. In this case I think I need to go back to square one and get the one I missed.
1 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:13 am

There ya go, now go!
dddrees wrote:...Anyway I skipped it and now I can't get it out of my head. Typically the answer is pretty simple. In this case I think I need to go back to square one and get the one I missed.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

dddrees
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by dddrees » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:43 am

Mags wrote:.
There ya go, now go!
dddrees wrote:...Anyway I skipped it and now I can't get it out of my head. Typically the answer is pretty simple. In this case I think I need to go back to square one and get the one I missed.

Already on the way. Looking at probably a few weeks but it's already in the works.
1 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:57 am

dddrees wrote:...my intentions initially were to get the Original Henry by Henry Repeating Arms.
...I skipped it ...In this case I think I need to go back to square one and get the one I missed.
I think your "Square One" choice is very cool 8-) , ddd. At several Cabelas visits, I handled a brass Original Henry in .45 Colt (H011C), and that is one quality rifle. Two things I distinctly remember: how smooth the lever action was; and the folding ladder rear sight. I'd think that iron sight would be a definite keeper and not one that calls for any mod. Henry states that sight as "classic," and I agree.

I checked out the Henry web site, and they now offer five models of the Original. All five are offered in .44-40 WCF caliber. The brass model I listed above is the only one offered in .45 Colt. Which model are you considering? Best as you move forward to "get the one you missed!" ;)
PT7
1 x

~Пока~