Member JEBar has over 10,000 posts. That's our first. Congratulations Jim!

Lever Stuck Open H009 30 30

User avatar
GFK
Cattle Driver
Posts: 849
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:56 pm
Location: SE
United States of America

Re: Lever Stuck Open H009 30 30

Post by GFK » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:53 am

Mags wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:02 am
.
It doesn't in the .30-30. The pieces shown in the earlier above have to come out first.
GFK wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:56 pm
... I just remove the lever and pull the bolt out. ...
Mags,
I have been using that method since I got my H009 (2017). I also recall someone posting a YouTube link that showed that method. From what I can tell, Henry's action is similar to Marlin's. And, I have 2 Marlins that I clean that way. But, give it a try and find out for yourself.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

User avatar
Mags
Ranch Foreman
Posts: 5046
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:40 pm
Location: Tualatin Valley Oregon
United States of America

Re: Lever Stuck Open H009 30 30

Post by Mags » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:43 pm

.
Already have. There have been at least 3 design revisions to the H009 so it is may be this can be done with some and not others.
GFK wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:53 am
Mags wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:02 am
.
It doesn't in the .30-30. The pieces shown in the earlier above have to come out first.
GFK wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:56 pm
... I just remove the lever and pull the bolt out. ...
Mags,
I have been using that method since I got my H009 (2017). I also recall someone posting a YouTube link that showed that method. From what I can tell, Henry's action is similar to Marlin's. And, I have 2 Marlins that I clean that way. But, give it a try and find out for yourself.
0 x
:idea: Lever Action H009B .30-30 | Long Ranger H014s .223/5.56 | Uberti Colt .45 Revolver
"How Many" #596 & #895
Wish List: ???

User avatar
GFK
Cattle Driver
Posts: 849
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:56 pm
Location: SE
United States of America

Re: Lever Stuck Open H009 30 30

Post by GFK » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:23 pm

Mags wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:43 pm
.
Already have. There have been at least 3 design revisions to the H009 so it is may be this can be done with some and not others.
GFK wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:53 am
Mags wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:02 am
.
It doesn't in the .30-30. The pieces shown in the earlier above have to come out first.
Mags,
I have been using that method since I got my H009 (2017). I also recall someone posting a YouTube link that showed that method. From what I can tell, Henry's action is similar to Marlin's. And, I have 2 Marlins that I clean that way. But, give it a try and find out for yourself.
Interesting.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

SD MEPPS
Tenderfoot
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:08 pm
Location: Central NY
United States of America

Re: Lever Stuck Open H009 30 30

Post by SD MEPPS » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:32 am

Thanks again for the replies everyone. I now know how to properly remove the bolt.
3 x

User avatar
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
Posts: 10034
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:58 pm
Location: central NC
United States of America

Re: Lever Stuck Open H009 30 30

Post by JEBar » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:33 am

does the action now work properly :?:
0 x

SD MEPPS
Tenderfoot
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:08 pm
Location: Central NY
United States of America

Re: Lever Stuck Open H009 30 30

Post by SD MEPPS » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:16 am

JEBar wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:33 am
does the action now work properly :?:
It’s working properly. I watched the videos but haven’t disassembled it yet to clean it.
2 x

User avatar
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
Posts: 10034
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:58 pm
Location: central NC
United States of America

Re: Lever Stuck Open H009 30 30

Post by JEBar » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:09 pm

SD MEPPS wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:16 am
It’s working properly. I watched the videos but haven’t disassembled it yet to clean it.
glad to hear that its working properly .... looking forward to your continued reports
1 x

SD MEPPS
Tenderfoot
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:08 pm
Location: Central NY
United States of America

Re: Lever Stuck Open H009 30 30

Post by SD MEPPS » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:24 pm

:cry:
JEBar wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:09 pm
SD MEPPS wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:16 am
It’s working properly. I watched the videos but haven’t disassembled it yet to clean it.
glad to hear that its working properly .... looking forward to your continued reports
Thank you.
0 x

User avatar
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
Posts: 10034
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:58 pm
Location: central NC
United States of America

Re: Lever Stuck Open H009 30 30

Post by JEBar » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:54 pm

SD MEPPS wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:16 am
It’s working properly. I watched the videos but haven’t disassembled it yet to clean it.

not to worry, after you've done it a time or two you won't have any concerns about the process
0 x

User avatar
GFK
Cattle Driver
Posts: 849
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:56 pm
Location: SE
United States of America

Re: Lever Stuck Open H009 30 30

Post by GFK » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:57 pm

I agree. This is from a Marlin 336/1894 owner's manual. Even though the brand is different, the process is similar (just in case you want steps in your hand):

To Disassemble the Firearm for
Cleaning:
CAUTION: Lever action centerfire firearms
should NOT be disassembled beyond what is
described in this manual, except by the factory or a Marlin Authorized Repair Center.
WARNING! Unload the firearm before cleaning.
Look into the ejection port and visually check
the chamber and magazine to make sure
there are no cartridges in the firearm. Always
wear eye protection when handling, disassembling and assembling the firearm.
1. Always keep the firearm pointed in a
safe direction.
2. If the hammer is in the “At Rest” position, without touching the trigger
move the hammer with your thumb to
the first stageable position. See “Safe
Firearm Handling,” on page 10.
3. Engage the safety mechanism by
moving the safety button fully to the
shooter’s right. The red band will not
be visible.
4. Open the action by rotating the lever
down and forward until the bolt is
fully rearward.
5. Look into the ejection port, visually
check the chamber, loading port and
magazine for cartridges, ensuring the
firearm is completely unloaded. If the
firearm is not empty, see “To Unload
the Firearm” on page 14.
6. Remove the lever from the receiver by
moving the bolt forward (1/4 closed).
7. Remove the lever mounting screw
by turning the screw counterclockwise. See Picture 15.
8. Pull the lever down and remove
from the bolt assembly and receiver.
To Remove the Bolt Assembly:
9. With the lever removed, pull the bolt
assembly rearward from the receiver. See Picture 16.
10. With a pair of pliers, remove the
ejector from the receiver by lifting it
out through the ejection port.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Post Reply