The Coolest thing made in Wisconsin - the All Weather Big Boy - Congratulations Henry !

RV Doctor, Inc ---- Gloucester, VA (area)...

Tell us where you are traveling to, what you might see. Tell us where you went, what you saw.
Make arrangements to meet up with members in your travels. Be sure to post lots of pictures too!
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

RV Doctor, Inc ---- Gloucester, VA (area)...

Post by JEBar » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:48 am

Joe Saunders, owner of RV Doctor, INC, offers mobile RV repair services in the area in and around Gloucester, VA .... he doesn't have a website, Primary phone number : 757-509-1455 .... Secondary phone number : 804-832-4231 .... he carries a strong recommendation from the folks at Thousand Trails Chesapeake RV Resort .... based on that recommendation we had him work on our camper's water heater .... both while working in the RV industry and from personal experience while traveling, I've gotten to where it doesn't usually take me long to spot an RV Tech who does or doesn't know what he is doing .... I was impressed with his approach to diagnosing the issue and making initial repairs ... parts are being ordered, after he returns and completes the repairs, I will post an update ... based on early experience, I can recommend him to anyone who may be traveling in the Gloucester area and who may be in need of repairs to their camper
0 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Re: RV Doctor, Inc ---- Gloucester, VA (area)...

Post by Mistered » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:10 pm

This is good to hear you found a good and capable mobile tech.
Being in the RV 'world' myself I know most of the local mobile service techs and know what you mean by immediately spotting who does or doesn't know what he is doing.
What is this guys' hourly rate and service call charge?
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: RV Doctor, Inc ---- Gloucester, VA (area)...

Post by JEBar » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:53 pm

Mistered wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:10 pm
This is good to hear you found a good and capable mobile tech.
I've found that asking the campground employee(s) who admit people into the campground for contact info on the mobile tech who they wave through when he drives up to the gate works well .... those campground employees don't want to put up with the heat raised by irate customers
Mistered wrote:
Being in the RV 'world' myself I know most of the local mobile service techs and know what you mean by immediately spotting who does or doesn't know what he is doing.
about 3 years ago in Texas we had a serious electrical failure that came very close to destroying our camper .... when the first mobile tech I was able to contact showed up at our site, I told him about the problem .... it took only a few minutes of watching him to see that he didn't have a clue as to how/where to start trouble shooting .... consequently, I offered to pay him for coming and asked him to leave

Mistered wrote:
What is this guys' hourly rate and service call charge?
don't know yet .... the campground employee who recommended him specifically mentioned another tech whose charges are way out of line .... I offered to pay him for the work he'd done but he said to just wait until the work was completed
0 x