Let's all have a great New Year!

Great customer service!

Any and all knives or other edged things. Special preference for BUCK knives
User avatar
markiver54
Cattle Driver
Posts: 520
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:49 am
Location: Biue Ridge Mountains, NC
United States of America

Great customer service!

Postby markiver54 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:21 pm

Sent my approximately, 30 year old Victorinox multi tool which was broken to them about a week and a half ago to their headquarters in CT. Only thing wrong was one of the blade locks had come off and lost. Got email from them today saying they could not fix it, so they are sending me a brand new replacement and sending my old one back also! Supposed to come Fedx on Tuesday. They do have a life time warranty and they honored it, no questions asked. About a $130.00 value. Reminds me of Henry great CS... :D
6 x
I'm your Huckleberry

User avatar
PT7
Drover
Posts: 3833
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:32 am
Location: The Show-Me State
United States of America

Re: Great customer service!

Postby PT7 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:30 pm

Good to hear, Mark. Most of my small knife collection are Victorinox SAKs. Great quality and highly dependable knives. I haven't used their repair service yet, but good to know they honor their warranties. I have one 34-year-old SAK, which has traveled everywhere with me, and it does have a couple of ouches that could use attention. Might contact them and see what can be done.

Thanks for your post.
PT7

markiver54 wrote:Sent my approximately, 30 year old Victorinox multi tool which was broken to them about a week and a half ago to their headquarters in CT. Only thing wrong was one of the blade locks had come off and lost. Got email from them today saying they could not fix it, so they are sending me a brand new replacement and sending my old one back also! Supposed to come Fedx on Tuesday. They do have a life time warranty and they honored it, no questions asked. About a $130.00 value. Reminds me of Henry great CS... :D
0 x
HENRY H001TLP Small Game Carbine .22LR
HENRY H012MAW Big Boy .357 Magnum All-Weather

A quiet place to rest awhile...Psalm 46:10

User avatar
markiver54
Cattle Driver
Posts: 520
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:49 am
Location: Biue Ridge Mountains, NC
United States of America

Re: Great customer service!

Postby markiver54 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:39 pm

PT7 wrote:Good to hear, Mark. Most of my small knife collection are Victorinox SAKs. Great quality and highly dependable knives. I haven't used their repair service yet, but good to know they honor their warranties. I have one 34-year-old SAK, which has traveled everywhere with me, and it does have a couple of ouches that could use attention. Might contact them and see what can be done.

Thanks for your post.
PT7

markiver54 wrote:Sent my approximately, 30 year old Victorinox multi tool which was broken to them about a week and a half ago to their headquarters in CT. Only thing wrong was one of the blade locks had come off and lost. Got email from them today saying they could not fix it, so they are sending me a brand new replacement and sending my old one back also! Supposed to come Fedx on Tuesday. They do have a life time warranty and they honored it, no questions asked. About a $130.00 value. Reminds me of Henry great CS... :D


PT, if you decide to; here is the info...send to;

VSA
Attn: Service Department
7 Victoria Drive
Monroe, CT. 06468

They do ask for a $5.00 check for processing.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

User avatar
PT7
Drover
Posts: 3833
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:32 am
Location: The Show-Me State
United States of America

Re: Great customer service!

Postby PT7 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:56 pm

Perfect! Thanks for the helpful info, Mark.
PT7


markiver54 wrote:
PT7 wrote:Good to hear, Mark. Most of my small knife collection are Victorinox SAKs. Great quality and highly dependable knives. I haven't used their repair service yet, but good to know they honor their warranties. I have one 34-year-old SAK, which has traveled everywhere with me, and it does have a couple of ouches that could use attention. Might contact them and see what can be done.

Thanks for your post.
PT7

markiver54 wrote:Sent my approximately, 30 year old Victorinox multi tool which was broken to them about a week and a half ago to their headquarters in CT. Only thing wrong was one of the blade locks had come off and lost. Got email from them today saying they could not fix it, so they are sending me a brand new replacement and sending my old one back also! Supposed to come Fedx on Tuesday. They do have a life time warranty and they honored it, no questions asked. About a $130.00 value. Reminds me of Henry great CS... :D


PT, if you decide to; here is the info...send to;

VSA
Attn: Service Department
7 Victoria Drive
Monroe, CT. 06468

They do ask for a $5.00 check for processing.
0 x
HENRY H001TLP Small Game Carbine .22LR
HENRY H012MAW Big Boy .357 Magnum All-Weather

A quiet place to rest awhile...Psalm 46:10

User avatar
markiver54
Cattle Driver
Posts: 520
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:49 am
Location: Biue Ridge Mountains, NC
United States of America

Re: Great customer service!

Postby markiver54 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:01 pm

No problem PT, glad to help. BTW ..email today came from "Jacqueline " good luck if you proceed. They are quality products!
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

User avatar
Steve51
Cowhand
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:58 am
Location: West Union, Illinois
United States of America

Re: Great customer service!

Postby Steve51 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:21 am

markiver54 wrote:Sent my approximately, 30 year old Victorinox multi tool which was broken to them about a week and a half ago to their headquarters in CT. Only thing wrong was one of the blade locks had come off and lost. Got email from them today saying they could not fix it, so they are sending me a brand new replacement and sending my old one back also! Supposed to come Fedx on Tuesday. They do have a life time warranty and they honored it, no questions asked. About a $130.00 value. Reminds me of Henry great CS... :D



It is sad to say. That should be the norm, not the exception. Glad some companies still build their reputation of a quality product.
0 x
H001, H004, H001TM, H006, H010, H012M
NRA Member, ILCCW

User avatar
markiver54
Cattle Driver
Posts: 520
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:49 am
Location: Biue Ridge Mountains, NC
United States of America

Re: Great customer service!

Postby markiver54 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:52 am

Steve51 wrote:

It is sad to say. That should be the norm, not the exception. Glad some companies still build their reputation of a quality product.


Very true...
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

User avatar
markiver54
Cattle Driver
Posts: 520
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:49 am
Location: Biue Ridge Mountains, NC
United States of America

Re: Great customer service!

Postby markiver54 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:20 pm

Well...my replacement multi tool came fedx today! Brand new in the box plus a new sheath. Sent my old one back as well. Couldn't be happier!
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

User avatar
daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
Posts: 2774
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:27 pm
Location: Upstate NY
United States of America

Re: Great customer service!

Postby daytime dave » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:36 pm

Mark,

I'm curious, which multi tool do you have? I have the Swiss Tool that is very boxy. I love it.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

User avatar
markiver54
Cattle Driver
Posts: 520
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:49 am
Location: Biue Ridge Mountains, NC
United States of America

Re: Great customer service!

Postby markiver54 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:35 pm

daytime dave wrote:Mark,

I'm curious, which multi tool do you have? I have the Swiss Tool that is very boxy. I love it.


Dave, mine is mod #53936. Yes...they are boxy, but that doesn't bother me at all, especially on my belt sheath that I don't even know is there anymore...except when I need it to get myself or someone out of a jam on occasion. Love these tools. Would feel naked without it...with me all the time.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry