Enter our Third Anniversary Prize give away. Prizes supplied by Henry Repeating Arms (In Forum News)

Our mornin Coffee and Weather

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
cooperhawk
Wrangler
United States of America

Re: Our mornin Coffee and Weather

Postby cooperhawk » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:14 am

Finally it's warmed up and starting to thaw a bit. I still have a half mile river of ice for a driveway, but got it sanded this week so we can get in and out. Looks like it will be sunny and in the forties today with warmer weather coming next week. Been a rough winter my friends.

Got this link from another forum and it's pretty interesting.

The green dots on this Google Earth represent a radio station anywhere in the world.

Click on any one of the dots and you will immediately listen to that station with very good sound. I cannot imagine the effort that went in to this!

http://radio.garden/live/toulouse/radiopresence
1 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion, NRA (Life Member)
Vietnam 65-66 U S Army Aviaton

RanchRoper
Deputy Marshal
Canada

Postby RanchRoper » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:17 am

Might hit 40 later. Thinking about a range trip...
0 x
1871 SA Richards Conversion Revolver 45 Colt
1860 Henry 45 Colt
"No hour of life is lost that is spent in the saddle" Winston Churchill

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

cooperhawk
Wrangler
United States of America

Postby cooperhawk » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:24 pm

Our range has been closed due to ice and heavy snow for a while. Going into withdrawals. Should reopen this week and I'm ready.
0 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion, NRA (Life Member)
Vietnam 65-66 U S Army Aviaton

Mags
Drover
United States of America

Postby Mags » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:59 pm

38. Maybe 62 later. THEN ................starting the week in the 70's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 x
:idea: H009B .30-30, H014s .223, Uberti Colt .45 Revolver
"How Many" #596 & #895
Wish List: ???
Amazing how much useless trivia knowledge one acquires growing older.

Mistered
Cowboy
United States of America

Postby Mistered » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:35 pm

Yep - upper 50's all this week - just learned our February snow was the most in history - ever. Down to about a foot on the flats but about 3' between my shop and house (roof run off) and still no water but I have been talking to the experts and they FIRMLY believe it is nothing more than a case of silt/sand plugging. The silt is at the bottom of the foot valve which suggests once the well filled with sand I was sucking sand and keeping it at the level of the bottom of the valve - which makes sense. Also a guy I know knowledgeable in wells said there is NO WAY I am out of water - this 'valley' I live in is literally waterlogged - two rivers and I am in the middle of them and being in winter water tables are as high as ever - conclusion ? I need a 'bailout' and have a guy to call to discuss it. The problem is snow and if he can get a truck to my well head to suck it out. It may be another week or so until It clears enough to get a truck behind my house to the well head.
2 x

GFK
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Postby GFK » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:39 pm

Reminds me of a time when part of the Florida Panhandle, that I had family in, was out of power for 3 days in the Winter. From that point on, I have made sure I have had a primary and secondary forms of heat. Water, that is a biggie.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Mags
Drover
United States of America

Postby Mags » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:36 pm

Be real good to hear how deep that well actually is after being pumped out. I was thinking the same thing earlier with you being between the two branches of the Deschutes.
Mistered wrote:Yep - upper 50's all this week - just learned our February snow was the most in history - ever. Down to about a foot on the flats but about 3' between my shop and house (roof run off) and still no water but I have been talking to the experts and they FIRMLY believe it is nothing more than a case of silt/sand plugging. The silt is at the bottom of the foot valve which suggests once the well filled with sand I was sucking sand and keeping it at the level of the bottom of the valve - which makes sense. Also a guy I know knowledgeable in wells said there is NO WAY I am out of water - this 'valley' I live in is literally waterlogged - two rivers and I am in the middle of them and being in winter water tables are as high as ever - conclusion ? I need a 'bailout' and have a guy to call to discuss it. The problem is snow and if he can get a truck to my well head to suck it out. It may be another week or so until It clears enough to get a truck behind my house to the well head.
0 x
"How Many" #596 & #895

markiver54
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Postby markiver54 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:22 pm

Mags wrote:38. Maybe 62 later. THEN ................starting the week in the 70's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About time! Huh Mags.. :D
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Mags
Drover
United States of America

Postby Mags » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:42 pm

Ya! And it actually got to maybe 66, 67 today. So I spent some time on the back deck warming bones in the sun! Got a good warm soak. Looking forward to more. Wishing everyone else a speedy spring warmup! May your snow and ice melt quickly!
markiver54 wrote:
Mags wrote:38. Maybe 62 later. THEN ................starting the week in the 70's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About time! Huh Mags.. :D
0 x
"How Many" #596 & #895

wingnut
Cowhand
United States of America

Postby wingnut » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:42 am

Morning all. Time for some Irish coffee. It'll help my attitude while watching the snow melt today.

T-Dew.jpg
T-Dew.jpg (76.71 KiB) Viewed 16 times
1 x
Sola Experientia: Any claim to knowledge, any support for opinion, must come from experience; experience trumps all.