Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Illinois trip

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
The Wiz
Cowboy
United States of America

Illinois trip

Post by The Wiz » Fri May 17, 2019 6:59 pm

Leaving Friday for my granddaughter's HS graduation in Dekalb, IL with stops in Knoxville and Indianapolis. Can't be believe that little squirt is a graduate. And then she's off and majoring in robotics at a college that I can't remember the name of. She's already built three In HS. Do some shooting with her dad, get stupid with sis, and visit some friends. Then it is up to northern Wisconsin to visit the wife's kin on the reservation ( dad, 85) for a couple days Then back to Illinois to visit her sister in another city. Stay with her for day or two. After that we head back to NC with stops in Cincinnati and Cherokee,NC. Wife is excited about that stop in Cherokee to learn more of their culture. Should be fun.
6 x
Vietnam, Cambodia, DMZ
101st Airborne, Recon. ( Where in the heck are we?)
25th Inf. Div.2/22 Inf. Reg.(mech.)
Sgt., U.S. Army, Sniper

S&W Model 67
Uberti 1851 Navy Conv.
Uberti 1873 Bisley
Henry .357 Carbine CCH
Henry SGR .22
Taurus 856

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Illinois trip

Post by Mags » Fri May 17, 2019 7:59 pm

Quite a trip there. Looks fun. Enjoy, make memories and have a safe one.
The Wiz wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 6:59 pm
Leaving Friday for my granddaughter's HS graduation in Dekalb, IL with stops in Knoxville and Indianapolis. Can't be believe that little squirt is a graduate. And then she's off and majoring in robotics at a college that I can't remember the name of. She's already built three In HS. Do some shooting with her dad, get stupid with sis, and visit some friends. Then it is up to northern Wisconsin to visit the wife's kin on the reservation ( dad, 85) for a couple days Then back to Illinois to visit her sister in another city. Stay with her for day or two. After that we head back to NC with stops in Cincinnati and Cherokee,NC. Wife is excited about that stop in Cherokee to learn more of their culture. Should be fun.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri May 17, 2019 8:17 pm

nice trip indeed .... my home town of Sylva is 20 miles east of Cherokee .... for history and culture, the Oconaluftee Indian Village is about the best Cherokee has to offer

http://visitcherokeenc.com/play/attract ... n-village/
1 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Fri May 17, 2019 9:27 pm

Have a safe trip Wiz and most of all a great time. Take us along in pictures to if you think of it.
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:03 pm

Hey Wiz..keep your wallet in your pocket in Cherokee... :lol:
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

PatientWolf
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by PatientWolf » Sat May 18, 2019 10:59 am

Enjoy your trip. I grew up in Il and went to college in Wisconsin.

When I can I make it up to Eau Claire to deer hunt with my brother. He’s got some monsters up there.
1 x

The Wiz
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by The Wiz » Sat May 18, 2019 7:00 pm

Made it to Knoxville with a stop in Ashville. Dropped some $$ there. Left Knoxville, took a ton of pictures of the mountains and things were gong smoothly until we hit Lexington and some construction on the interstate that took about 45 minutes get through that. And then about 40 miles short of Indie the state HP shut down the whole interstate. Diverted all north bound traffic onto side roads. Don't know why yet. What should have been 5 hr trip turn into 7. Whew! All's good now. In our room now in Brownsburg, In. Had dinner at Bob Evans, neck rub by Flora, and fix'n to visit the pool downstairs. Next up Courtland,IL. and my son.

Oh yea, I hear you Mark, about Cherokee. I think my wife blew half her budget at Ashville but you know how budgets go when your on road trips. ;)
2 x
Vietnam, Cambodia, DMZ
101st Airborne, Recon. ( Where in the heck are we?)
25th Inf. Div.2/22 Inf. Reg.(mech.)
Sgt., U.S. Army, Sniper

S&W Model 67
Uberti 1851 Navy Conv.
Uberti 1873 Bisley
Henry .357 Carbine CCH
Henry SGR .22
Taurus 856

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sat May 18, 2019 8:41 pm

The Wiz wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 7:00 pm
Made it to Knoxville with a stop in Ashville. Dropped some $$ there. Left Knoxville, took a ton of pictures of the mountains and things were gong smoothly until we hit Lexington and some construction on the interstate that took about 45 minutes get through that. And then about 40 miles short of Indie the state HP shut down the whole interstate. Diverted all north bound traffic onto side roads. Don't know why yet. What should have been 5 hr trip turn into 7. Whew! All's good now. In our room now in Brownsburg, In. Had dinner at Bob Evans, neck rub by Flora, and fix'n to visit the pool downstairs. Next up Courtland,IL. and my son.

Oh yea, I hear you Mark, about Cherokee. I think my wife blew half her budget at Ashville but you know how budgets go when your on road trips. ;)
Ahhh, what the heck, it's all about traveling and having fun, right!
Just save some for on down the road and enjoy! Safe travels to ya...watch out for the idiots...lot of them out there these days. :)
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry