Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Planning a Gathering In/Around KC in August

Members sometimes like to get together and meet one another in person. This forum topic is for those interested in getting together with other forum members. Remember! The internet is a large place. If you are not comfortable giving out details of your location or other information on the open internet, DON'T.
If you want to get together, use this to meet others who want to.
ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Re: Planning a Gathering In/Around KC in August

Post by ESquared » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:04 pm

We'll adjust the itinerary on Page 1/Post 1 to accommodate Jim's plans, as follows:

Wed, 8/14: Attendees arrive in time for dinner. KC BBQ, of course!
Thur, 8/15: Range Day, lunch somewhere, R&R time, followed by TBD, will have to double check on Royals schedule, but man, do they stink!
Fri, 8/16: Potential Range Day #2 in the AM (?), lunch TBD and afternoon departures.

Arriving early and/or staying late is always an option, as there's lots to do in/around KC. See link to Visitor's Bureau earlier in this thread.
1 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Wed May 01, 2019 10:12 am

Would like to make the trip, but it's a little too far for me to drive. I will certainly try and make a "Gathering" a little closer in.
(You know, as long as it's not one of those "insane clown posse" things... :D )
2 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Wed May 01, 2019 10:25 am

BrokenolMarine wrote:Would like to make the trip, but it's a little too far for me to drive. I will certainly try and make a "Gathering" a little closer in.
(You know, as long as it's not one of those "insane clown posse" things... :D )
:lol:
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri May 10, 2019 8:40 pm

bumping back up now that the forum software problem has been resolved

Evan ...

our 11-87 Remington 12 ga goes with us on all of our trips .... deciding which rifles to pack takes more thinking .... our BBS 44 Mag has moved right up to being one of our favorites and had been packed on all of our trips for the last couple of years .... our CCH has been packed a couple of times .... just curious, what type of rifles do you anticipate firing and any particular type you'd like for us to bring
0 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Tue May 14, 2019 9:31 am

Bumping this to the top to make sure any newer members are aware of this plan and how to get involved (a simple PM to me will do it) and to respond to Jim's query above:

I'll bring whatever suits anybody else. Definitely the 308 LR, likely the CCH 30-30 and most assuredly the 45 Colt Carbine. Kind of depends on how the schedule shakes out and whether we have one longer session or go back for Day #2. Some Single Action Uberti fun would be, well, fun, too! Not to mention some Trap, which is $3/round of 25. Hard to beat!
1 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Tue May 14, 2019 4:59 pm

Bringing my 357 steel carbine. And, a revolver or two. Maybe a shotgun?
0 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed May 22, 2019 8:41 am

bumping up .... if you can, please come .. :D
0 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Wed May 22, 2019 1:57 pm

Seems like we ought to be able to get some of our "Ozark" members to make a trip northward...
0 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:31 am

In addition to bumping this back up, I wanted to suggest to those RELOADERS coming to KC in August (and/or those thinking about it) that we carve out some time to trek to the Missouri Bullet Company factory. It's about 35 miles from where we'll be on the east side of KC and a nice drive.

The reason for suggesting it is that they offer customer pick-up and bullets are heavy, so shipping can be expensive. I'm headed down there on Monday for some 45Colt boolits and maybe some 357 as well.

Anyway, if you're coming to KC and you reload, give this some thought and pre-planning as you take inventory...
3 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:42 pm

we just completed our first day's drive on our way to the Gathering .... and yes, we are taking the long way .. ;)
2 x