Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Favorite Pellet?

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Favorite Pellet?

Post by Henry88 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:26 am

Hey, so I'm doing some night shooting. It's 71 degrees with no wind, and shooting a Walther Terrus (4.5mm) @30 yds.

To this point, I've based everything on the 8.3g RWS Superdomes. But I bought some 8.64g H&N Field Target Trophy (remembering a NCG post ???) and my gun may be liking them a little more :)

QB78 gets Crosman Premiers.

So what are you guys shooting?

BTW, I hate to say this, but on the same range (30 yds and both have similar UTG Leapers A/O scopes) I think I'm more accurate with the Walther airgun than the Henry Classic.
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: Favorite Pellet?

Post by North Country Gal » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:05 am

Not surprised that your Walther can shoot so well at 30 yards. That distance is what I consider to be "home range" for air gun shooting. Would take a match grade rimfire to keep up with your Walther at that distance.

My pellets are very much a matter of what each individual airgun likes and, believe me, airguns are at least as fussy about pellet choice as rimfire are about ammo choice.

My two major brands are H&N or JSB, but Crosman Premier Domed are the choice of some guns and others like some of the pricey stuff like Kodiak Match and so on.
1 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:33 am

I shoot very little pellet. The ones I have are Crosman. No idea the specifics.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:26 pm

I'm sure they're the Premier HPs Mags, 7.9 grain. I shoot them out of my Beeman badged Chinese QB78. When the pressure starts getting low (no way to top off) I switch to Daisy wadcutters ($2/tin) that are actually quite accurate (for me :) )

In the springer I use RWS and H&N and am also going to pick up some JB exacts. German pellets for a German gun seem to be working :D
0 x

Slugnut
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Slugnut » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:11 pm

I shoot Crosman Premier in .177 (7.9gr.) & .22 cal.(14.3gr.) and JSB in my 25 caliber. ( 25.39gr.)
0 x

Rangerhgm
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Rangerhgm » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:41 pm

.177 Crosman Premier 7.9gr. and JSB Exact 8.4gr.
0 x
-------
Gregg

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:36 pm

I know there are probably better pellets than I use out there, especially after the education I have been fortunate to receive from NCG. However, for my almost every day use, believe it or not, my Benji 14.3's in 5mm have been serving me quite well in my old Sheridan pump. Have taken grey squirrels out to almost 50 yards. Certainly a miss on occasion, but just my $.02.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:22 am

Those Benji 20 cal pellets also do a decent job in my Sheridans and I'd have no trouble using them for the use you describe. Since I'm basically a paper puncher, looking for the best in accuracy, the JSB 20s are still my pellet of choice in the Sheridans. I'll pay the extra to get the JSBs, because that edge in accuracy is my primary concern. For plinking steel, which I also do a lot, I do use the Benji pellets and they are cheaper and I can sometimes find them, locally. JSBs are always something I have to order.
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:30 am

North Country Gal wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:22 am
Those Benji 20 cal pellets also do a decent job in my Sheridans and I'd have no trouble using them for the use you describe. Since I'm basically a paper puncher, looking for the best in accuracy, the JSB 20s are still my pellet of choice in the Sheridans. I'll pay the extra to get the JSBs, because that edge in accuracy is my primary concern. For plinking steel, which I also do a lot, I do use the Benji pellets and they are cheaper and I can sometimes find them, locally. JSBs are always something I have to order.
I can certainly understand your logic NCG :)
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry