Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Re: Our mornin Coffee and Weather

Post by RanchRoper » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:17 am

Might hit 40 later. Thinking about a range trip...
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:24 pm

Our range has been closed due to ice and heavy snow for a while. Going into withdrawals. Should reopen this week and I'm ready.
0 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:59 pm

38. Maybe 62 later. THEN ................starting the week in the 70's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:35 pm

Yep - upper 50's all this week - just learned our February snow was the most in history - ever. Down to about a foot on the flats but about 3' between my shop and house (roof run off) and still no water but I have been talking to the experts and they FIRMLY believe it is nothing more than a case of silt/sand plugging. The silt is at the bottom of the foot valve which suggests once the well filled with sand I was sucking sand and keeping it at the level of the bottom of the valve - which makes sense. Also a guy I know knowledgeable in wells said there is NO WAY I am out of water - this 'valley' I live in is literally waterlogged - two rivers and I am in the middle of them and being in winter water tables are as high as ever - conclusion ? I need a 'bailout' and have a guy to call to discuss it. The problem is snow and if he can get a truck to my well head to suck it out. It may be another week or so until It clears enough to get a truck behind my house to the well head.
2 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:39 pm

Reminds me of a time when part of the Florida Panhandle, that I had family in, was out of power for 3 days in the Winter. From that point on, I have made sure I have had a primary and secondary forms of heat. Water, that is a biggie.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:36 pm

Be real good to hear how deep that well actually is after being pumped out. I was thinking the same thing earlier with you being between the two branches of the Deschutes.
Mistered wrote:Yep - upper 50's all this week - just learned our February snow was the most in history - ever. Down to about a foot on the flats but about 3' between my shop and house (roof run off) and still no water but I have been talking to the experts and they FIRMLY believe it is nothing more than a case of silt/sand plugging. The silt is at the bottom of the foot valve which suggests once the well filled with sand I was sucking sand and keeping it at the level of the bottom of the valve - which makes sense. Also a guy I know knowledgeable in wells said there is NO WAY I am out of water - this 'valley' I live in is literally waterlogged - two rivers and I am in the middle of them and being in winter water tables are as high as ever - conclusion ? I need a 'bailout' and have a guy to call to discuss it. The problem is snow and if he can get a truck to my well head to suck it out. It may be another week or so until It clears enough to get a truck behind my house to the well head.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:22 pm

Mags wrote:38. Maybe 62 later. THEN ................starting the week in the 70's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
About time! Huh Mags.. :D
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:42 pm

Ya! And it actually got to maybe 66, 67 today. So I spent some time on the back deck warming bones in the sun! Got a good warm soak. Looking forward to more. Wishing everyone else a speedy spring warmup! May your snow and ice melt quickly!
markiver54 wrote:
Mags wrote:38. Maybe 62 later. THEN ................starting the week in the 70's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
About time! Huh Mags.. :D
0 x

wingnut
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by wingnut » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:42 am

Morning all. Time for some Irish coffee. It'll help my attitude while watching the snow melt today.
T-Dew.jpg
T-Dew.jpg (76.71 KiB) Viewed 1489 times
1 x
You're born & you die. In between you get to shoot a bunch guns. Kind of sums up life to me. - Colorado Bob

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:30 am

Morning, was 31° when I got up.
They say it'll be double that by the afternoon.
May get the ole scooter out and take her fer spin.
Happy St. Patty's Day

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012