Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

.45LC Shortage?

Discussion about what manufactured ammunition feeds your Henry or other firearms
RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Re: .45LC Shortage?

Post by RanchRoper » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:53 pm

Glad I stocked up. Our supply here comes from USA. As soon as I get set up to reload, hopefully won't need factory ammo again for years.
3 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:57 pm

Mags wrote:.
I would not be a willing reloader. Hopefully won't come to that. BiMart, now that is a good idea. Have to find my member card :oops:
wingnut wrote:
Mags wrote:Been shopping my LGSs for .45LC. Other than an expensive box or 2 of defensive rounds no .45LC to be found. Anything in the wind as to why?
RR is still sucking it all up. :)

Step into the nearest Bi-Mart and have a look in their catalog. Order what and how much you want (make it a fair size order). They will call when it is in & pick up most of the shipping cost compared to the online shops.

Or you could learn to reload... ;)
Go ahead and join the wonderful world of reloading .45 ! It's painless and much more fun than going to your dentist!
I loaded a mere 300 rounds last week.
I should be out in the shop decapping old brass today...cloudy gray skies and 39 degrees,but too cold out there today!
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:24 pm

Thing is I like going to the dentist office. My dental hygienist is umm, uh very nice. :oops:
fortyshooter wrote:... It's painless and much more fun than going to your dentist!
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:35 pm

Back from morning errands. Swing by Sportsman Warehouse cause website said 'in-stock'. Nothing on the shelves. Talked to a desk gun clerk. Have it for fufulling online order/in-store pickup only.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:36 pm

Mags wrote:Back from morning errands. Swing by Sportsman Warehouse cause website said 'in-stock'. Nothing on the shelves. Talked to a desk gun clerk. Have it for fufulling online order/in-store pickup only.
I just ordered some Alliant Black MZ powder from them. The closest location is 143 miles from me and they had 8 pounds in stock but they
can't ship powder from their location. So it is coming from their distribution center.
But still their price at 9.99 for a pound is much better than my local shops 27.99!
I ordered 2 lbs. and still save money with shipping and 20 buck hazmat fee.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:12 pm

Oh just had a thought! Maybe I should have done a realtime online order from my phone. Then just waited for it to be brought out from the store-room :lol:
Mags wrote:Back from morning errands. Swung by Sportsman Warehouse cause website said 'in-stock'. Nothing on the shelves. Talked to a desk gun clerk. Have it for fulfulling online order/in-store pickup only.
0 x

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:01 pm

RanchRoper wrote:Glad I stocked up. Our supply here comes from USA. As soon as I get set up to reload, hopefully won't need factory ammo again for years.
RR, when you do get set-up to handload, You'll appreciate the "custom" loads you'll be able to make for your .45 Colt. I've only been handloading for mine as long as I've owned my Henry in .45 Colt; about three months now. Have over 250 loaded up with Starline brass, Missouri 250gr RNFP bullets and Unique. You'll get along fine with handloading.
2 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:52 am

Out and about today. Checked at the local BiMart. They had one box of 50. Another store across the street had another. So I'm ready to start shooting again :P Bimart here does still sorta check for membership card at the door, but I could have just flashed a piece of colored paper the right size to get in.

And the .45 ACP cylinder arrived today in the mail. A little mill work on the bushing to fit, cylinder timing and alignment check out so it's ready to go. Now with a cylinder change I can shoot .45acp or .45lc. Lessens the ammo shortage concern being able to shoot either.
0 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:43 am

Rifletom wrote:
RanchRoper wrote:Glad I stocked up. Our supply here comes from USA. As soon as I get set up to reload, hopefully won't need factory ammo again for years.
RR, when you do get set-up to handload, You'll appreciate the "custom" loads you'll be able to make for your .45 Colt. I've only been handloading for mine as long as I've owned my Henry in .45 Colt; about three months now. Have over 250 loaded up with Starline brass, Missouri 250gr RNFP bullets and Unique. You'll get along fine with handloading.
I will be happy if the first few go bang and not the Elmer Fudd kind of bang, but the big hole in target bang. But I hear ya...thanks.
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully