Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Cabin fever?

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Cabin fever?

Post by bandit1250 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:30 pm

I must have some cabin fever. It was still to cold to shoot and feel comfortable but I went out back and shot any way knowing my fingers would hurt when they got cold. Nothing new there it only took about a half hour or so and that was about enough for me to have to quit. It was snowing very light and pretty calm at first but the wind kicked up before I was cold enough to stop shooting. I shot the CZ Grand Finale again to get a few more rounds through it. I shot a couple 10 shot groups today. Stayed at 40 yds. again of my portable bench. Don't know when the range road will be fit to go there and shoot farther. At least I can shoot average squirrel distance for hunting here in the woods in the fall. This is not a heavy target rifle so I have to remember it is a sporter weight hunting rifle. Here was my target from today. Bottom right was some ammo that was out side on the shelf that was 2 different brands of standard vel. I shot them just to foul the barrel. Top right was CCI standard vel. that is a lot number some of my rifles shoot well and others hate it. Top center is a very good lot number of CCI standard vel. that a lot of my rifles shoot very well. Bottom center is Norma Tac 22. This was the last target I shot and had a single hole with the first seven shots then shot two out on the edge to the left. Funny thing is I saw the wind flag moving to the left and still dumb enough not to hold on the right edge of the other holes in the center and out two went. Then I held on the right edge of the hole in the bull and the next shot was in the bull with the other seven. All were 10 shots at each bull except the fouler shots at the bot. rt. I shot the four plastic push pins out of the corners of the target with one shot each. :o I almost couldn't believe I didn't miss any. :shock: Figured this was a good time to quit. :D Looks like my picture doesn't show the far left side. :oops:
7 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Re: Cabin fever?

Post by ESquared » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:57 pm

WOW, that's some fantastic shooting at 40 yds in the cold and snow, Bandit, congrats!

Were you using just the portable bench? What kind, by the way? Have been scouting those.

No bags?

Man, that's impressive. A cure for cabin fever, that's for sure, thanks for sharing!
1 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:33 pm

You are a marksman, Bandit. Thanks for sharing your skill and range reports with us yet once again!
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:31 pm

Great shooting bandit, don't believe I could do that under those condition...well done for sure!
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:03 pm

Love the way your 452 shoots the CCI SV loads. Our CZs like them, too. Can't beat that kind of accuracy for the money. Great group with that Norma.
1 x

Ojaileveraction
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ojaileveraction » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:36 pm

Shooting out the push pins with one shot each is the feat of the day!
Great range report.
1 x
Pax at Justitia

Slugnut
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Slugnut » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:22 pm

Nice shooting. Due to "cabin fever" I've been shooting my pellet rifles in the basement at 10yds. LOF !!
0 x