Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Pre 81 Browning 308 BLR Magazine

Buy, Sell and Trade. Abide by the rules and make all deals via PM or email.
BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Pre 81 Browning 308 BLR Magazine

Post by BigAl52 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:42 pm

Making a call on what something will sell for on GB is a crap shoot. Most stick them in their watch list and wait till the final hour to bid. Ive seen auctions extended another hour in the last hour with 2 guys bidding back and forth. Ive seen some guns sell for prices I would not even think they would bring. I usually place a bid at the max I would pay and then if I get outbid I just think about how bad I want it. That saying I know you have my phone number if Im not on here and you are wanting to get in on something give me a call I can bid from my phone also.
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:57 pm

I'd say that, based on the one listed with a starting bid of $289 and the other that's been bid up to $305, the market (at least in the GB world) is at about $300 for this part. Seems crazy, as it's about 10X what new rifle magazines cost, but it speaks to scarcity and demand. Not unlike some handgun magazines for out-of-production models.

I'd imagine the first one (listed at $289 opening bid) will still be there after the holidays.
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:17 pm

$$$$$ :shock:
0 x

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:20 pm

BigAl52 wrote:Making a call on what something will sell for on GB is a crap shoot. Most stick them in their watch list and wait till the final hour to bid. Ive seen auctions extended another hour in the last hour with 2 guys bidding back and forth. Ive seen some guns sell for prices I would not even think they would bring. I usually place a bid at the max I would pay and then if I get outbid I just think about how bad I want it. That saying I know you have my phone number if Im not on here and you are wanting to get in on something give me a call I can bid from my phone also.
When I was doing eBay, I would right off figure out the very most I was willing to pay. If I got sniped with a second to go, it really didn't bother me cause in the end that person paid more than I was willing to pay. There will be another auction.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:34 pm

BigAl52 wrote:I usually place a bid at the max I would pay and then if I get outbid I just think about how bad I want it. That saying I know you have my phone number if Im not on here and you are wanting to get in on something give me a call I can bid from my phone also.

our BLR is one of my favorites .... I've spent more time carrying it hunting than all of our other rifles combined .... I do have a second magazine somewhere but haven't been able to find it .... since they aren't made any more, they won't get any cheaper ... that may well be a "when we get our tax refund" purchases
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:12 pm

good news .... really good news .... after seeing the going prices of pre 81 BLR magazines I became seriously motivated to find our second one .... it took some serious looking but I found it .. :D .. because they don't make them any more, down the line I'd still seriously consider purchasing another or two but it would be a bargain basement prices

thanks for the responses .... they taught me something and motivated me to get serious about looking for our second magazine
2 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:19 pm

JEBar wrote:good news .... really good news .... after seeing the going prices of pre 81 BLR magazines I became seriously motivated to find our second one .... it took some serious looking but I found it .. :D .. because they don't make them any more, down the line I'd still seriously consider purchasing another or two but it would be a bargain basement prices

thanks for the responses .... they taught me something and motivated me to get serious about looking for our second magazine
Sounds like one of my "I'm going to put this in a special place" situations. I'm going through that with some pure lanolin I bought to make some home-made case lube. Haven't really buckled down in my search, but the usual places have turned up empty.

Which means I put it in a "special place." This should be interesting...
1 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:18 pm

We go to local guns shows on a regular basis. Will keep an eye open for you.
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:15 pm

North Country Gal wrote:We go to local guns shows on a regular basis. Will keep an eye open for you.
that would be greatly appreciated
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:33 pm

How different are the pre and post 81? Could a post be modified to fit a pre?
North Country Gal wrote:We go to local guns shows on a regular basis. Will keep an eye open for you.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234