Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

New BBC arrived and shot.

Pilsner
Tenderfoot
United States of America

New BBC arrived and shot.

Post by Pilsner » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:51 am

I received my new BBB in .357. I am just amazed by this carbine. It’s just beautiful. I want to hang it on the wall, it’s art.

It arrived in good shape and it was well boxed up in a larger box, so the Henry box was not beat up.

It functions perfectly. With the first round the stock sights were dead nuts on. I already had a box of 130gr .38 flat nose ball and fired all 50 without a hiccup. (I cycle the lever smartly, don’t pause midway in the stroke, learned that from the .22.) The 158gr .357 went fine. As with the .22, when cycling the action, the trigger, I found myself not even thinking about it, it’s so natural and smooth. You can just 100% focus on your target, the rifle follows your lead.

I have vision issues and the iron sights just won’t work well for me off the bench at this time. I have no central vision in my right eye, and astigmatism and far-sighted in my left; hope to get some better corrective glasses soon. Did not want to scope it. What to do. I have HiViz sights on the .22 but they are often blurry. I have Acog and Eotech already, I have a Sig Romeo on my 10-22, but due to my astigmatism the dot looks like a semi-colon so I wanted to try something different.

I was intrigued by the SeeAll sight, the new version, so I tried it out on the BB Carbine and zeroed it easily and it works great. For me at least. (Unlike others perhaps, I had an interest in making it work.) I practiced with the SeeAll in the house and yard for a several hours over a few days, holding it my hand as like a pistol, just picking up the aiming point over and over. It’s a snap. Extremely easy to use and acquire targets. You just sweep into your target from below or slightly at an angle, not from top down. I find it intuitive and actually easier to shoot with than it appears from some of the videos. IMO.

So immediately after getting it zeroed, I was hitting cans dead center off hand at 25 yards and getting decent groups from the bench. It is actually hard to miss cans and clays with the thing because you know where the POI will be in real time, as with a red dot. Very interesting. Works for my vision as is. I’m sure I’ll improve.

Sorry didn’t mean to drone on about a sight, the BBB is just awesome it’s a joy to be able to shoot and shift and shoot, working the lever while scanning for the next target, what a blast. Lever guns are so cool. I’ve kinda evolved from semi’s to bolts to levers, no doubt for me what I like best now. Being able to hit a target without corrective glasses is a bonus!

So overall I’m very pleased and ready to get back to the range soonest!

Thanks to all the posts and information on this forum that pushed me just go ahead and grub holta this sweet little carbine. I’m bit!

Btw, the group below, that’s with the SeeAll.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
7 x
Henry H001 .22LR / Hiviz Front/Rear
Henry H006MR .357 / SeeAll Sight
Rossi Ranch Hand .45 LC / Marbles Bullseye Sights
Ruger 10-22 TD / Sig Romeo5
Ruger American Bolt .22 / Burris AR/22 Scope (Great Scope)

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: New BBC arrived and shot.

Post by PT7 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:05 am

Enjoyed reading all of your excited comments on your new BBB .357 Magnum......Congrats, Pilsner :!:

Guess I don't really have to encourage you to enjoy that Henry --- you're managing quite well on that front! ;)
BTW, great POIs on that target. Thanks for your post.

PT7
Pilsner wrote:I received my new BBB in .357. I am just amazed by this carbine. It’s just beautiful. I want to hang it on the wall, it’s art.....It functions perfectly. ady, I have a Sig Romeo on my 10-22, but due to my astigmatism the dot looks like a semi-colon so I wanted to try something different.….the BBB is just awesome it’s a joy to be able to shoot and shift and shoot, working the lever while scanning for the next target, what a blast. Lever guns are so cool. I’ve kinda evolved from semi’s to bolts to levers, no doubt for me what I like best now. Being able to hit a target without corrective glasses is a bonus!
....So overall I’m very pleased and ready to get back to the range soonest!
....I’m bit!
0 x

~Пока~

Pilsner
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Pilsner » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:33 am

A better view of SeeAll.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
4 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:45 pm

That BB Golden looks nice! I looked at a BB Silver .357 yesterday. I had to leave it there though, because it did not look too shiny. In fact, it was rather dull with about a 2 inch scuff mark on the receiver. I guess someone was trying to buff it in a hurry. I probably could have polished it some. But, I rather buy a new gun that does not require work right out of the box. Anyway, happy shooting!
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:06 pm

congratulations indeed .... delighted to read about your newest Henry and how well it performs .... that is an interesting sight, looking forward to hearing more about it in your continued reports .... please take a look at our How Many ? thread (link below) and add them to our community's total

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 152#p77152
1 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:25 pm

Glad you enjoy your new 357. Excellent choice in a levergun. Looks like you have it and that new sight dialed in.
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Pilsner
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Pilsner » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:18 am

GFK wrote:That BB Golden looks nice! I looked at a BB Silver .357 yesterday. I had to leave it there though, because it did not look too shiny. In fact, it was rather dull with about a 2 inch scuff mark on the receiver. I guess someone was trying to buff it in a hurry. I probably could have polished it some. But, I rather buy a new gun that does not require work right out of the box. Anyway, happy shooting!
That was my big fear and fingers crossed as the staff brought out my paid for sight unseen carbine for my inspection; although I could have refused to accept it, turned out the carbine was a fine specimen, to my great relief. Seems QC is the issue these days with virtually any product, plus shipping damage. To get a well detailed and finished product restores the faith.
2 x

ChefDuane
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by ChefDuane » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:44 am

Just to reiterate what everyone already knows.... that is one FINE lookin' rifle!!
1 x
Henry Classic H001
Henry AR-7 Survival

USCG '77-'83
NRA/TxLTC

There is no greater protection against evil on the rampage than a loaded firearm in the hands of a free man.

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:43 am

Congrats on your new 357! Lots of fans of that caliber Henry here (me included); so much fun to shoot!

Thanks for sharing your story, pics and range report, great work all the way around!
1 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

Omegaspeedy
Wrangler
Australia

Post by Omegaspeedy » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:23 am

Congratulations! Love mine too! You will have so much fun. I bought mine a month or so ago and regularly finding myself holding it while watching TV. I just love the smoothness of the action. Looking forward to hearing you thoughts on it once you've had some time with it.
1 x
H006MR .357 Carbine How many 746
HO12R .44 How many 857