Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Frustrated Owner

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Frustrated Owner

Post by Mags » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:06 pm

Likewise here. Also, the sales person will rack the fire to demonstrate it is unloaded before handing it to you.
Mistered wrote:Never had the 'pleasure' of being inside a Cabelas or Bass Pro Shop but I suspect I wouldn't care for the environment of either (too big, too many people and too 'sterile')
The largest outdoor/sporting goods store we have is Sportsman's Warehouse and its more 'blue collar' oriented and no trigger locks or 2nd person hovering over you to operate actions.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

rls58
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by rls58 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:48 am

My rifle came today by way of the big brown truck. Very quick turnaround. Henry received it on a Monday and it was shipped back to me on Friday with a note saying they replaced the trigger. I cleaned it and locked it up for a few days. Won’t get a chance to shoot it for another week or so and am excited to see some results.
5 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:11 am

Glad its back in time for you to use.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Post by Redthies » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:02 am

Let us know how it goes when you get out there with it. HRA will always make it right if you have an issue!
0 x
SGC .22 LR Stripped and oiled up
BBSC .357 w Skinner Express & Patridge
BBSC .44 Magnum with Skinners
Marlin 1895GS .45-70 w RPP Cloverleaf
Marlin 336BL .30-30 w Skinner LoPro 2 and Sig 2-7x
1912 Winchester 1894 .30 WCF

Frontiersman
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Frontiersman » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:49 pm

I always felt there was a healthy competitive war between Cabela's and BPS. East vs. West. I shopped at whatever was in the local area and was glad they existed. I wondered who would win when they started overlapping territories. Now that the war is over, I don't feel the best man one. Having shopped with Cabela's quite a few years across the country, I do not prefer BPS. Cabela's just isn't the same any more - in particular the gun dept.

I think Henry will be pretty quick. I hear two weeks a lot.
0 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:09 pm

Glad Henry turned it around for you so quickly and that they seem to have pinpointed the issue. Please keep us posted on your next range outing. Congrats on overcoming it!
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:59 am

I often wish I could 'find' a problem with my Henry that requires contacting the factory to experience their services for myself but so far the few minor issues I have had I resolved myself.
Personally I would have to experience something fairly dramatic such as a failed component or broken part before I would contact them.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:41 am

Mistered wrote:I often wish I could 'find' a problem with my Henry that requires contacting the factory to experience their services for myself but so far the few minor issues I have had I resolved myself.
oh my .. :? .. the old "be careful what you wish for" comes to mind .. :!: .. so far (thankfully), the only thing mechanical thing I haven't liked about our Henry has been their trigger pull .... fully understanding the liability pressure Henry is under, we had a gunsmith take care of it .... as most everyone here would anticipate, we just had an ejector spring break in our 44 Mag and Henry took care of it immediately
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:12 am

the only thing mechanical thing I haven't liked about my Henry is, during loading the inner mag tub jamming up the rims of the ammo case rims that then kicks the lever open.
JEBar wrote:... the only thing mechanical thing I haven't liked about our Henry ...
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:07 pm

the only thing mechanical thing I haven't liked about our Henry has been their trigger pull
I got lucky with mine - crisp and about 4 lbs with little take up.
0 x