Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Hello from California- Don't hold it against me.

Please tell us about yourself and your interests
Lyman
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Hello from California- Don't hold it against me.

Post by Lyman » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:50 pm

Mags wrote:.
Ages ago lived temporary in North County San Diego near Rancho Bernardo. Couldn't wait to get back to Oregon. Also been looking at northern Arizona. So far scouted out Prescott, Cottonwood and Sedona. Next trip think I'll look in the Payson area. Thought about checking out Flagstaff area, but real estate too expensive so haven't bothered. Motor vehicle registration fees look like a problem. Example: my truck is 20 years old. If I'm reading AZ registration requirements correctly, registering an out of state vehicle in AZ is based on what you originally paid for the vehicle when new. Not it's current depreciated value. Maybe Firearmfanatic could comment on that.
Lyman wrote:I was born and raised in So Cal. Im in East County San Diego. On the edge of town. Im out of here as soon as I retire. Sick and tired of what this state has become. Looking at Northern AZ and already scouting Real Estate. Welcome to the forum!
Mags, Payson is on my short list. Had an Uncle that had a place outside of Prescott and he loved it. He had a horse ranch in a nice area. Payson is checking all the boxes for me though. I see a road trip in my not to distant future. I didn't know about the registration fees. I will be checking into that. Thanks for the heads up.
0 x
NRA & 2nd Amendment Supporter. Lyman is my middle name.

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:57 pm

Do that. Whoever gets there first owes up a scout report. ;)

Also check out internet fees. Looked like in the areas I last visited they were 2X what I pay for here.
Lyman wrote:Mags, Payson is on my short list...I see a road trip in my not to distant future
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

7Warriors
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by 7Warriors » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:02 am

The 2nd Henry Big Boy Steel 44 magnum rifle I have purchased rests safely in the gun safe. The first Henry BB steel 44 mag. was destroyed in the infamous California "Camp Fire" As some of you know CA has the 10 day waiting period, so we Californian's can cool-off before we take possession of any purchased F/A. It does not matter if you own and possess other firearms. My first Henry Rifle arrived in a Paradise, Ca gun shop the afternoon of Nov. 7th. I went to the store, paid my tax and transfer fee and inspected it. The next day the gun store and most of the town of Paradise, CA was burned to the ground. Fortunately, the FFL and his family escaped the fire. He lost everything. I stubbornly purchased another and had it shipped to a different dealer, of course. I love the rifle, it's action is nice and smooth. It shoots every hand load I've made quite well. Not including some grossly under powered 240 gr. LSWC over 6.3 gr. Titegroup (yeah, I know). They tumbled like swatted footballs. Note to self: make certain you're reading load data for 44 magnum and not the 44-40 on the proceeding page. I hate pulling loaded ammo..... So I'll have this BBS 44 for many years to come and pass the goodness on to the next generation. :)
3 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:25 am

Sorry to hear you lost your first BB 44 mag. Happy to read that you got another one for yourself and posterity. Enjoy shooting and post a range report for us to oogle over.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

csgrv
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by csgrv » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:36 am

Welcome from Idaho.
0 x
Long Ranger .308
H001Y .22lr
H003T .22lr
Whitworth .270
1991A1 .45
J-Frame .38
S&W .32 Hand Ejector

Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Post by Redthies » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:47 pm

7Warriors wrote:The 2nd Henry Big Boy Steel 44 magnum rifle I have purchased rests safely in the gun safe. My first Henry Rifle arrived in a Paradise, Ca gun shop the afternoon of Nov. 7th. I went to the store, paid my tax and transfer fee and inspected it. The next day the gun store and most of the town of Paradise, CA was burned to the ground.
We camped next to a really nice guy from Paradise in early October this past fall. I only got his first name, and wish I could find out if he got out alive. If you see a white Tahoe with “Nam vet” plate on it, please let me know. We spent a great evening with him and his dog. (My BBS .357 was in my camper to keep this semi-relevant).

Glad you got yours finally. They are worth the wait!
0 x
SGC .22 LR Stripped and oiled up
BBSC .357 w Skinner Express & Patridge
BBSC .44 Magnum with Skinners
Marlin 1895GS .45-70 w RPP Cloverleaf
Marlin 336BL .30-30 w Skinner LoPro 2 and Sig 2-7x
1912 Winchester 1894 .30 WCF

Joe.45
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by Joe.45 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:32 pm

Welcome to a very friendly firearm forum. As far as I know, most Henry long guns, if not all, are legal in California. I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong. Enjoy the forum. Go Henry!
1 x
Si vis pacem, para bellum!
H006M; H006MR; H001T; H004; another H001T