Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Our mornin Coffee and Weather

Post by JEBar » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:59 am

we are sitting in our camper watching Hurricane Michael coverage as the storm moves through our home area and will soon be on our way to where we are in southeastern coastal Virginia .... just got off the phone with a friend who is camped near Asheville, NC ===> https://koa.com/campgrounds/asheville-east/ .... half of his campground is flooded by rushing water from the Swannanoa River .... Michael has been one heck of a storm
0 x

Dahliathemeh
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Dahliathemeh » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:09 pm

We went from 85 to 43 degrees in 48 hours. Thanks nature...
Glad you're safe JEBar.
0 x
I never take myself seriously....

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:09 pm

Thanks. We were in Prescott in the Spring. Kids in-laws are there. Yes it's pretty, but Sedona was the best. Haven't been to Payson yet. Secluded and forested is what I would be looking at. But wife likes the Sedona red/orange hills and rock features.
Redthies wrote:
Mags wrote:.
Lived in western Oregon most of our lives. Rain/drizzle most of the year, never used to bother us. Couldn't understand why it bothered other people. Rain makes every thing green. As we've gotten older we understand why. Opposite from AZ we have 9ish months of rain/drizzle and not enough sun. Been considering moving to AZ (Cottonwood/Sedona), eastern Oregon and Idaho. More sunny days, even if some are cold Winter days.
I grew up on “the dry side” of BC (Northern most reaches of the Sonoran Desert), and love the green of the coast. I go back to where I grew up, and within 48 hours my nose is bleeding from the dry air. I’m sure I’d get used to it again, but I’m in no rush.

Mags, if you do start looking at AZ, check out Payson and Prescott as well. I’ve been all over that state on multiple occasions and those two spots stand out as places that I as a west coast guy could live. Prescott is especially beautiful, and has a cool feel to it. If you want to hunt, Payson is more secluded and forested.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:33 pm

A balmy 46F today. Snow melting. Got some riding to do this weekend.
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Post by Redthies » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:57 pm

Mags: Payson has red rocks, but not like Sedona. Mind you it doesn’t have moronic tourists everywhere either! I lived in Whistler for over 25 years, so not being in a tourist town is appealing to me!
1 x
SGC .22 LR Stripped and oiled up
BBSC .357 w Skinner Express & Patridge
BBSC .44 Magnum with Skinners
Marlin 1895GS .45-70 w RPP Cloverleaf
Marlin 336BL .30-30 w Skinner LoPro 2 and Sig 2-7x
1912 Winchester 1894 .30 WCF

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:06 am

Ya Sedona has crazy tourist traffic, even when you'd think it would be not so bad cause of kids still being in school (Spring time). Main road up from Phoenix backs up coming in for miles. Seems to flow well, but slow, with the new round-abouts. Payson, I think, we'll check out when we go next time. Thanks for that suggestion. I haven't been to Whistler, but one of our sons has, and he commented on the tourist traffic there.
Redthies wrote:Mags: Payson has red rocks, but not like Sedona. Mind you it doesn’t have moronic tourists everywhere either! I lived in Whistler for over 25 years, so not being in a tourist town is appealing to me!
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:24 am

Been considering moving to AZ (Cottonwood/Sedona), eastern Oregon and Idaho.
What part of Eastern Oregon have you considered?
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:32 am

Rural Josepth, Enterprise, Baker City, Bend, Sisters, Prineville, area in the vicinity of Davis Lake. For Idaho, McCall, Cascade Lake, Stanley. Oh ya and area near GNP, Columbia Falls.
Mistered wrote:
Been considering moving to AZ (Cottonwood/Sedona), eastern Oregon and Idaho.
What part of Eastern Oregon have you considered?
0 x

Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Post by Redthies » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:50 am

Well, it’s sunny again, and according to my long range forecast it’s supposed to stay sunny and between 61* and 55* for the next 2 weeks! I’ll gladly take that if it comes!

Got to go fire up the espresso machine now, let the Weimaraner out to patrol the property and then head to the post office to pick up the 3rd attempt at Henry getting the correct front sight on my SGC. Hope the old “3rd time’s the charm” thing plays out!
1 x
SGC .22 LR Stripped and oiled up
BBSC .357 w Skinner Express & Patridge
BBSC .44 Magnum with Skinners
Marlin 1895GS .45-70 w RPP Cloverleaf
Marlin 336BL .30-30 w Skinner LoPro 2 and Sig 2-7x
1912 Winchester 1894 .30 WCF

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:05 am

It's finally getting to feel a bit like fall here in Sugar Land. The last two morning lows were in the mid sixties. We're supposed to warm up the next few days again before another front comes in early next week. I'll be glad to get in the the mid 70's for daily highs.
0 x