Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Big Boy 44 scope mount.

Blklasy
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Big Boy 44 scope mount.

Post by Blklasy » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:08 pm

Hi, The scope mount from Henry looks pretty high. Trying to keep the scope low. Is there another choice for the Big Boy H006?
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Big Boy 44 scope mount.

Post by JEBar » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:34 pm

first welcome to our forum, delighted to have you join us .... we use the Henry BB-RSM (link below) mount .... we didn't want to remove the OEM buckhorn and its height is perfect for us .... please take a look at our How Many ? thread (second link below) and add yours to our community's total

https://henrypride.com/collections/rifl ... 8464027206

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 798#p70798
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

Blklasy
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Blklasy » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:16 pm

Thanks for the info. How many is done. My scope is a 30mm 1-4x24 so I don't have to worry about the objective bell. That's why I'm looking for lower mount options. Haven't seen anything other than Henrys offering. Was just fishing.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:18 am

I went searching. I found several from other suppliers, but they all looked like copies of the two on Henry's website. These are thick because of the arch in the mount above the eject port. Is the arch there to allow unobstructed case ejection? I don't know. Anyway, if you are up for tinkering, you might consider buying one of the inexpensive sorta universal mounts that have multiple holes in them in hopes that the hole options align with those on the H006 receiver. If they don't, then you could try drilling your own holes in the inexpensive mount. Another possible option, a skinner 2-piece mount, again if the hole spacing matches the receiver. I think you can email andy@skinnersights.com and ask for the hole spacing. Just a couple thoughts.
Blklasy wrote:Thanks for the info. How many is done. My scope is a 30mm 1-4x24 so I don't have to worry about the objective bell. That's why I'm looking for lower mount options. Haven't seen anything other than Henrys offering. Was just fishing.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Ridgerunner665
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Ridgerunner665 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:53 pm

What ring height is everybody using?

My scope is just a 20mm with no objective bell...id5 like it as low as possible.
0 x
Henry Big Boy steel carbine 41 Magnum