Salute for the Victorinox Super Tinker

Any and all knives or other edged things. Special preference for BUCK knives
PT7
Drover
United States of America

Salute for the Victorinox Super Tinker

Post by PT7 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:16 am

Salute

Last week I posted the thread telling about losing my newest Victorinox knife, a black Climber. I still have it "hidden" somewhere, and keep on wondering if it might show up someday. Since I knew I really wanted to recoup my favorite tool on that knife, the parcel carrier, I ordered another Victorinox multi-tool. It arrived today. I'm more than surprised how much I like its looks.

Here are photos of my Super Tinker Multi-Tool, 3.58" Closed. It carries 14 tools with the handles showing the colors/design of "Old Glory." The stainless steel is really high quality, and every tool moves in/out flawlessly. That Switzerland shop sure knows how to build a blade!

Victorinox Super Tinker. I noticed that I only opened 13 out of the 14 tools! So the first 4 photos are ones I took, and the 5th photo is from the Victorinox web site with all the tools displayed.
Tinker1_DSCN2446.jpg
Large Blade
Tinker2_DSCN2448.jpg
Small Blade
Tinker3_DSCN2449.jpg
Parcel Carrier Tool
Tinker4_DSCN2450.jpg
Victorinox "Official" Photo --- Yes, there really are 14 multi-tools here!
This time the toothpick and tweezer are snuggled in the end of the handles.
Super Tinker Multi-Tool, US Flag, 3.58-in Closed.jpg
What went through my mind when building these pictures was "Where's Waldo?" Seems like I kept on "missing" tools here & there! :lol: I really had fun doing this photo shoot because of how sharp "Old Glory" looks to me.

Yes, I'm going to keep a "sharp" eye out for the black Climber! ;)
Have a great upcoming weekend, Everyone.
PT7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
7 x

~Пока~

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Salute for the Victorinox Super Tinker

Post by Henry88 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:04 pm

Just curious PT, but what would something like that cost?
0 x

tractortad
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by tractortad » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:05 pm

Nice - in fact so nice I just ordered one from Amazon. You are a bad influence on my credit card, PT7 - keep up the good work.
1 x
US Submarine Service 1976-2006
Henry H001TLP,H001TLB,H003T,H004,H006R,H006M,H012R,H012AW,H012MRCC,H010CC,H015-357,H015-44,H015-4570
Winchester 9422,1873,1885,1886,1892
Marlin 39A,AS,CL,D,M,Mountie,TDS,1897CB,Texan,1894CB,1895CBA,1895SBL
Ruger #1 44Mag

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:47 pm

Sure sorry about that, tractortad. But at least it wasn't at the cost level of a new Henry rifle! Must compliment you by saying that you have good taste in sharp-looking knives. :lol: Thanks for "liking" my choice. I bet you'll enjoy it.
tractortad wrote:Nice - in fact so nice I just ordered one from Amazon. You are a bad influence on my credit card, PT7 - keep up the good work.
Henry88 wrote:Just curious PT, but what would something like that cost?
I don't often shop on Amazon, Henry, but thought I'd check out the approximate cost that "clobbered" tractortad's credit card. ;) Very close in price: Amazon = $33.95 and mine at Knife Center was 4 cents higher. But Amazon had no shipping fee, and I had a $2.99 fee for that. The other two internet knife shops I looked at had quite similar price tags. This Tinker is a Victorinox multi-tool in the 91mm or medium-size SAKs. For me this is a perfect EDC size; don't really notice it in my pocket. They also make smaller and larger sizes. Some of my SAKs, just like anything, are a little spendy. But along with size, cost depends on number of tools you get, handle materials, special editions, collectibles, etc.

To all who might listen to my final "spout" about Victorinox knives and multi-tools.
One other thing I really like about this company is that they have a similar guarantee to the Henry guarantee. From the Victorinox web site, this is what they have published: "Victorinox AG guarantees all knives and tools to be of first class stainless steel and also guarantees a life time against any defects in material and workmanship." I appreciate this guarantee, but never have had to use it yet. And my first Climber is +34 years old, and still going strong.

Take care, and stay sharp!
PT7
4 x

~Пока~

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:41 pm

I'm doing a follow up big-time SALUTE to my Victorinox TInker :!: :D :!:

From late November through my final move into my daughter's house this past week, the Tinker has been in my right hand pocket and came out for super daily duty. I cannot describe the numerous ways I've used these SAK tools during this move. I'm certain it would have been more time-consuming and challenging without it. Since I split the contents of my tool box between my old apartment and new house, this knife/multi-tool filled in a lot of gaps. It's a great daily carry.

From my perspective, if you are an owner of any Victorinox SAK/multi-tool, you've got about the best one out there! ;)
PT7
1 x

~Пока~

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:36 pm

In the move did the black Climber get found?
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:58 pm

Yes, it did show up. Found it underneath my very heavy recliner, which I never move. Guess it slipped out of my pocket while I was in full recline and nap mode. :lol:

I was so pleased to find it I gave it to a friend as a gift, since I had already replaced the multi-tool I needed in the Tinker. This fellow works as a service technician, and is a jack-of-all-trades. We talked knives and multi-tools from time-to-time, but he never had a SAK before. He was pleased with it.

It was the Christmas Season of giving/sharing. So giving the gift made the find even more special! ;)
PT7
Mags wrote:In the move did the black Climber get found?
3 x

~Пока~

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:32 pm

Great outcome to the story all around, PT. Thanks for sharing!
1 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:34 pm

Have had a daily carry Victorinox, in sheath on my belt for over 30 years now. Excellent quality. It goes everywhere with me just like my wallet. I feel naked if I don't have it. I use it on something or another every day. Best APT on the market by far!
No old glory on the sides, however mine is not a pocket knife and requires the sheath. Would love to add one like yours to the collection!
20190107_201546.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by markiver54 on Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:59 pm

Great thread. I missed it the first time. Glad you found it.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater