Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Side by side coach gun

Henry's new shotguns
JCN
Cowboy
United States of America

Side by side coach gun

Post by JCN » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:57 am

When HRA announced the single shot shotguns last yeah I thought they were really cool. Only downside is they have just one shot!! I thought for sure the next step would be to announce a side by side coach style shotgun like the Stoeger models. After a year of waiting we still have only the single shots. Come on Henry.... let's get two barrels and two triggers on your shotguns!

Speaking of shotguns, I can't find a single shot in the wild yet. I may give in and pick up a 20 gauge single shot for the fun of it. None available yet!
3 x
Henry Big Boy Steel .357 mag

Abnermal
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Side by side coach gun

Post by Abnermal » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:15 am

Speaking of 20 gauge single shots,there's an Iver Johnson Champion 20 gauge single shot at a local gunshop. Hidden in a corner with my name on it! Just have to find a way to sneak it into the house! :lol:
0 x
I can remember saying I'd never own a GLOCK,never own an AR15 and never get married. I found out that never is a long,long time!

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:56 am

I have an exposed hammer coach gun I finally added to my collection. This one was made sometime in the late 1800s...
A Husqvarna. Yup, same company that makes chainsaws these days. :o They were gunmakers back in the day, and even made highly engraved inlaid presentation pieces. Mine can still be fired, although I hang it in the wall over my desk in the home office.
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

North Star
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by North Star » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:15 am

I have the Stoeger Coach shotgun. Of the three shot guns, this is my favorite. My son took it to the range. After a little intro, I told him that it was best not to shoot both barrels at the same time until he was comfortable with the firing one at a time. As a true 30 something of age, the temptation was too great and then... You guested it. Took him a few days, but he was asking again to go to the range with the Stoeger. I would be interested in a Henry Coach gun also.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:26 am

if they were to announce a 12 ga Henry, external hammer, Coach Gun would be one I'd instantly place an order for
3 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:09 pm

North Star wrote:I have the Stoeger Coach shotgun. Of the three shot guns, this is my favorite. My son took it to the range. After a little intro, I told him that it was best not to shoot both barrels at the same time until he was comfortable with the firing one at a time. As a true 30 something of age, the temptation was too great and then... You guested it. Took him a few days, but he was asking again to go to the range with the Stoeger. I would be interested in a Henry Coach gun also.
I received a stoeger coach from the wife as a get well from the wife after one of the surgeries. She got the top grade with the nicer stock and two tone receiver and barrels. I like it a lot. :) I would be in line for a Henry Coach, especially if it was hammered, with cch finished receiver.
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:42 pm

I am almost surprise Henry doesn't have one, but you know what guys?

One thread we criticize Henry for not making some model we want, and the next thread we're criticizing them for over extending themselves :roll: :D
3 x

Conax
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Conax » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:58 pm

For a decent, low-cost double I bought a Baikal (Russian) 12 gauge. The hammer springs were so heavy the barrels couldn't drop fully open and had to be held down (open) for loading.
After a little online searching I got a couple of 1911 long slide recoil springs and put them in. I found out the passageways they operate in were too rough (thus the heavy OEM springs) and needed a few hours of polishing.
Now it has the action of a nice Browning at the price point of a Rooskie double! I think I gave $330 for it in 2003 or so.
The gun has nice wood, beautiful bluing and the barrels are regulated perfectly. A fine shooter at a bargain price.
Henry would have a hard time meeting the price point of the Rooskie guns. But, with their following they could still sell a bunch, especially if they have functional external hammers. Cowboy action guys would buy em, I bet.
0 x

JCN
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by JCN » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:42 pm

JEBar wrote:if they were to announce a 12 ga Henry, external hammer, Coach Gun would be one I'd instantly place an order for
I feel the same way but I'd prefer 20 gauge.

At some point they will make it, I have faith!
0 x
Henry Big Boy Steel .357 mag

Jdl447
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Jdl447 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:50 pm

What does one do with a coach gun?
:?:
0 x
When a clown moves into a palace, he doesn't become a king. The palace becomes a circus.