Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

AR7 barrel

Discussion about the AR-7 and all of it's versions before and since Henry
Squatch
Cattle Driver
United States of America

AR7 barrel

Post by Squatch » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:02 pm

Has anyone on here bought a steel barrel for their AR7 from AR7.com?

I'm curious to know if they will put up with many repeat shots. The stock barrel gets hot quick and then accuracy goes out the window.

I keep toying with getting one of these little buggers.
0 x
Any load data discussed by me is for entertainment purposes only. I can not condone or be responsible for it's use by others.

guymalloc
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Re: AR7 barrel

Post by guymalloc » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:16 pm

I have both the all steel standard barrel, and the threaded steel bull barrel from AR7.com. I haven't used the original Henry barrel, or the all steel standard barrel yet, but the threaded steel bull barrel has had a few magazines full put through it. I can't say how hot it got, as I also have the drilled barrel shroud from AR7.com installed. I doubt if the barrels will heat enough to be uncomfortable, as 8 rounds per magazine will give some cooling time between, unless you have more than a few mags available. A short piece of black pipe insulation foam tube would work as a cheap hand grip on the barrel, if necessary....
0 x

Squatch
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Squatch » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:16 am

Thanks, My concern forheat has more to do with the accuracy and the stock barrel. Not much meat there. A few mags and the groups wander.
0 x
Any load data discussed by me is for entertainment purposes only. I can not condone or be responsible for it's use by others.

guymalloc
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by guymalloc » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:03 pm

I'll have to take all 3 barrels out sometime to shoot, and see how they all compare. I'm sure the all steel replacement barrel will hold better than the plastic wrapped steel original Henry barrel. The bull barrel with the threaded end isn't tapered, solid and a little heavy, another reason I bought the shroud, knew I'd have to hold further forward when shooting.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:09 pm

guymalloc ....

welcome indeed .... happy to have you join our forum .... I'm looking forward to your continued reports on your Henry AR7 .... please take a look at our How Many ? thread (link below) and add your Henry to our community's total

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 163#p52163

after doing so, take a look at our When will we hit 500 in "How many" contest at this link ===>http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 080#p52080 <===
0 x