Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Benchmade, the way to go!

Any and all knives or other edged things. Special preference for BUCK knives
Koyote
Cowhand
United States of America

Benchmade, the way to go!

Post by Koyote » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:06 pm

I hope in the future, whenever someone posts, they could at least mention the manufacturer of their main knife instead of just saying MY KNIVES!
I am a Benchmade man, ever since my son (currently 3rd tour in A'Stan) told me that the Army issues him Benchmade's and that they had a lifetime guarantee. I had planned on buying him one, but he said not necessary, so I bought my other son a Griptillian serrated Tanto for him to use at his work.
I told him not to put away, but to use it and every time he uses it to think about me! :)
Oh, I already had a Topps Air Marshall serrated Tanto, before I discovered Benchmade.
For myself, I got a folder first. It is a Barrage serrated Tanto (I like those, so sue me!). What I like about it was the locking button on the top and the width of the handle. The Axis system makes it quick and easy to open. It is my EDC.
For a fixed blade, I got a Nimravus (yes, you guessed it) serrated Tanto and while I like the sheath, I wanted something in leather. I am waiting for a Patriot black leather sheath with black stitching (I also like black all around) with a firestarter. Should be in by end of month, I am hoping.
Sorry no pics, as all my pics are too large, something the admin should look into!
0 x

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Re: Benchmade, the way to go!

Post by RetiredSeabee » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:14 pm

They are definitely well made and beautiful. I occasionally lose a knife and wouldn't want to lose a Benchmade. My Kershaws would be missed but easier on the wallet to replace.
But I do appreciate the quality of the Benchmade knives.
0 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

Koyote
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Koyote » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:40 am

Back from a 3+ yr. hiatus. I finally did get my Patriot black leather sheath. Beautiful. Came with leather tie-down. It swallows the the Benchmade Nimravus, slightly, but otherwise quite pleased with it.
I have been practicing some knife throwing, but due to my olde age, it is hard on my olde shoulder, the left (off hand) one. When it started feeling a little sore, I went into the V.A. Hospital where they took an X-ray and found that it was a little arthritic. Muscle relaxant pill and a pulley for exercise, I previously bought for a calcium deposit has helped a lot. When I practice knife throwing, at least once a day, depending on weather, I throw about 10X with each hand/arm. Yes, be sure to practice with your off hand!!!
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:26 pm

if you resize your pictures to 640X480 or a similar size, they can be easily uploaded to our forum

thanks for introducing Benchmade knives .... I was totally unfamiliar with them and enjoyed looking up their brand .... guess I have pretty basic taste in knives, I prefer and carry Buck knives
0 x

TMB
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by TMB » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:16 am

Nice knives. I wouldn't refuse a Saddle Mountain Skinner.
0 x
Henry H004ES Golden Boy Eagle Scout Tribute
Henry H004 Golden Boy .22 cal
Henry H006C Big Boy Classic .45 Colt

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong.” ... John Gierach

dasmoeturhead
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dasmoeturhead » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:16 am

I've got the axis flipper for EDC. It's fast opening, but heavy. It's a tank of knife and I would trust it with any chore.
0 x
I'm a Ship that can't be Salvaged!

Koyote
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Koyote » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:49 pm

I'm baaaaaaaaack! Today, I decided to go to Scheels Sporting Goods in Sparks, NV. Mostly for the exercise. I have walked up the stairs 17 landing then 18 more steps to the second floor. I have NEVER taken the escalator there. Anyways, they did not have any freebie OnTarget magazines so I went over to look at the knives. In the Benchmade case I saw a sheath that had the Benchmade butterfly logo on it. Unfortunately, the knife was a FDE handle. I prefer black...and it was only $129. I know, Benchmades are expensive, but with a lifetime guarantee, they are worth it.
JE Bar...I have a Buck 110 that I got from my fiancee. It belonged to her husband who passed away several years ago and it had just been sitting in his nightstand. I had to clean it as it was turning green in places. The 110 is a popular Buck and is a very strong, solid knife. I keep it in my nightstand!

Thanks to another member, I found the codes for Buck Knives as to when they were manufactured. My Buck 110 was made in 1981-82. The code was an asterik or star on the left side and two on the right side of the model number... *110**
Last edited by Koyote on Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:59 pm

My every day carry has long been a Benchmade. I have an Eliswitz 875sbt Sentinel... Long since discontinued. For a look at it, and a couple others from my collection, peek at an older thread...

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 5&start=10

But know that even though the jewel of the minute often tempted me, I kept coming back to this Benchmade recommended to me by the Chief for duty after I graduated from the academy. Nearly thirty years later, it's still my go to knife. It's old, it's scarred, but aren't we all.

I remember being at a week long LE Expo / Street Survival Seminar our County hosted jointly in Downtown Richmond with a couple other metro Departments in the late 90s. As we are want to do, between formal seminars, officers gathered in small groups to compare notes on Department Policies, bennies, weapons, and equipment, among other things. I joined one group of mostly young patrol officers. It seemed they were talking about duty knives, specifically the speed of their "autos." Out they come, and flick, flick, flick go the blades. Out comes my Benchmade, fastest so far. That got the attention of the young group, and imagine their shock to learn it wasn't an auto.

"No Spring lag to overcome." I told them. "I have several autos, but once you learn the technique... This is as fast or faster. Better quality as well."
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Team Roper
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Team Roper » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:28 am

My favorite Benchmade.It's so old that I forgot what it is called.It's the one on top,of course.
DSC_1202 (2).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x
Army Paratrooper
173 rd Airborne Brigade, 2nd/503 rd. Airborne Infantry, Vietnam 66-67, point man, tunnel rat
combat jump 2/67
82 nd Airborne Div. 1st/505th Airborne Infantry, Vietnam, 68, Sniper
jumped with the Army Parachute Team, The Golden Knights.

Team Roper
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Team Roper » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:29 am

What's the trick to posting a good picture? Mine always look distorted.
0 x
Army Paratrooper
173 rd Airborne Brigade, 2nd/503 rd. Airborne Infantry, Vietnam 66-67, point man, tunnel rat
combat jump 2/67
82 nd Airborne Div. 1st/505th Airborne Infantry, Vietnam, 68, Sniper
jumped with the Army Parachute Team, The Golden Knights.